Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Auckland Preparing To Host Largest-Ever Convention

MEDIA ALERT

3,000 INTERNATIONAL DELEGATES ARRIVING FOR AUCKLAND'S LARGEST-EVER CONVENTION

Construction of a large 'marquee city' in Aotea Square, THE EDGE has begun as part of the huge logistical build-up to the Annual International Bar Association Conference taking place from 24-29 October.

Auckland Convention Centre at THE EDGE is the major host of the convention with Aotea Centre, Auckland Town Hall and Aotea Square all being fully utilised. As a result, all three venues will be closed to the public for the duration of the convention.

Aotea Square will have marquees on both the grass and concrete areas and will be cordoned off to the public until November 3. There will also be marquee walkways installed linking the Carlton Hotel underground tunnel to the Aotea Square area. A clear thoroughfare from The Civic Building (Auckland City Council) to Bledisloe Building will be made available to foot traffic.

The Aotea Square Market will be closed for the weekends of 22-23 October and 29-30 October.

With the arrival of close to 2,500 international lawyers and 500 accompanying partners, the CBD will be extremely busy and we are expecting the conference to bring in close to $15 million to the Auckland economy. This is a citywide event and the biggest conference Auckland has seen in years.

Auckland Convention Centre at THE EDGE appreciates the cooperation and support of the people of Auckland during this time.

END

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>