Directional Elle Macpherson Intimates Campaign
Chalks-Up 14 Australasian Advertising Awards
A revolutionary advertising campaign for international lingerie brand Elle Macpherson Intimates® has won a record 14 prestigious Australasian Advertising Awards.
The directional and evocative campaign, shot by cult British photographer Rankin, marked a stunning departure from both traditional lingerie advertising and from the brand’s own previous creative which had featured supermodel Elle Macpherson herself.
The “Intimate Moments” campaign showcased sophisticated and intimate glimpses of lingerie from the fashion-forward brand’s Summer 03 collections. These lingerie vignettes were glimpsed through windows, doors and keyholes.
The campaign, conceived by Australian creative agency The Glue Society, collected a stunning 12 silver and two bronze ‘pencils’ at the Australasian Writers and Art Directors Association AWARDs in Sydney late last month (November 27). These coveted awards, for Australian, Asian and New Zealand creative agencies, come in the shape of a pencil and cover four categories: Television and Cinema; Posters; Print Craft; and Print.
EMI has enjoyed phenomenal success since its launch in Australasia in 1990. It is now sold in New Zealand, Australia and the UK from around 1,200 retail outlets including Myer and David Jones in Australia, and Selfridges, Harrods, Harvey Nichols and House of Fraser in the UK.
Since its inception, the brand has been manufactured and distributed under licence by Bendon Limited, New Zealand’s leading lingerie designer and marketer. Last month, Bendon and Elle Macpherson signed a global licensing agreement which will enable Bendon to take the brand into North America and the Gulf States early next year.
Clare Morgan, Bendon General Manager, Marketing, says she is delighted with the AWARD result. “Elle Macpherson Intimates has always been about pushing the boundaries of fashion and style in both our design and our marketing approach. It’s fantastic that the campaign has been creatively recognised with such an outstanding AWARD count,” Morgan says.
The pencils received at the AWARDs
for the Elle Macpherson Intimates campaign are:
1. Bronze in Television and Cinema 30 sec category
2. Silver for Print consumer magazine (b/w or colour) category for ‘Shoe’ execution
3. Silver for Print Consumer magazine (b/w or colour) category for ‘Ankles’ execution
4. Silver for Print consumer magazine campaigns category for ‘Lounge’, ‘Shoe’, ‘Ankles’, ‘TV’ and ‘Bath’ executions
5. Bronze for Mixed Media campaign
6. Silver for Posters Point of Sale campaign for ‘Lounge’, ‘Shoe’, ‘Ankles’, ‘TV’, ‘Bath’ and ‘Chair’ executions
7. Silver for Print Craft Art Direction for ‘TV’ execution
8. Silver for Print Craft Art Direction for ‘Lounge’ execution
9. Silver for Print Craft Art Direction for ‘Ankles’ execution
10. Silver for Print Craft Photography for ‘TV’ execution
11. Silver for Print Craft Photography for ‘Blue Shoes’ execution
12. Silver for Print Craft Photography for ‘Lounge’ execution
13. Silver for Print Craft Photography for ‘Ankles’ execution
14. Silver for Print Craft Photography campaign for ‘Lounge’, ‘Blue Shoe’, ‘Ankles’, ‘TV’ and ‘Bath’ executions