Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Fonterra to commence due diligence

February 2, 2005

Fonterra to commence due diligence on National Foods

Fonterra has confirmed that National Foods has agreed to provide it with certain non-public information.

Fonterra Chief Executive Officer, Andrew Ferrier said Fonterra would like greater clarity on the assumptions that underpin the National Foods Board's valuation before making any final decisions about its offer.

"As part of this process, we need a more detailed understanding of various aspects of National Foods' business," said Mr Ferrier.

"We are taking the necessary time to fully research and evaluate these matters so we can be comfortable that we are making decisions that create value for our shareholders.

"As we have said before, it makes good strategic sense for us to grow our Australian consumer foods business by entering the national chilled milk market and the yoghurts segment through National Foods, complementing our leading positions in cheese and spreads.

"However, I emphasise that we will do so only on a basis which we are convinced is in the best interest of our shareholders."

Shareholders with any questions in relation to the Fonterra offer can call our shareholder information line on 1800 333 360 (from Australia), 0800 776 646 (from New Zealand) or +612 9278 9259 (from all other countries) between 9am and 5pm Melbourne time.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>