Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Skycity Unveils Adelaide Redevelopment

MEDIA RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
6 June 2005

Skycity Unveils Adelaide Redevelopment

SKYCITY Entertainment Group will open the first stage of its redevelopment of SKYCITY Adelaide to the public tomorrow, Tuesday 7 June.

Changes include a new entrance to the gaming and entertainment complex, a family-friendly flagship restaurant called 'North', two bars, two private dining areas and new state-of-the-art gaming facilities.

Managing Director Evan Davies said the Adelaide redevelopment was part of SKYCITY Entertainment Group’s strategy to diversify within the entertainment sector and offer a range of broad-based attractions as well as gaming.

“SKYCITY Adelaide now offers a greater range of entertainment experiences - many 'destinations' within a single destination – designed to attract a broad range of customers,” Mr Davies said.

Mr Davies said the company expected the benefits of the redevelopment programme to generate a full-year advantage for SKYCITY in the 2006 financial year.

The opening marks the completion of the first part of SKYCITY’s proposed $70 million, three-year expansion plan for the Adelaide complex.

“If customers respond well, and the wider environment remains positive, then we look forward to continuing with the rest of the project,” Mr Davies said.

Still under consideration are a new underground carpark (with 450 parking spaces and better accessibility to the Riverbank precinct and other nearby locations); the redevelopment of the casino’s main gaming areas; renovation of existing food & beverage outlets; and a major upgrade of Station Road.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>