Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Holdings Reaches 90% Acceptance Level In Takeover


6 July 2005

Auckland Regional Holdings Reaches 90% Acceptance Level In Takeover Of Ports Of Auckland Limited

Auckland Regional Holdings (ARH) today announced that as at 6 July 2005, ARH had received acceptances from over 3,200 Ports of Auckland Limited (POAL) shareholders totalling 10,891,074 shares, giving ARH 90.27% ownership of POAL.

ARH is pleased that the takeover has achieved this significant milestone. ARH can now move to 100% ownership of POAL.

The Offer is scheduled to close at 5pm on Friday, 15 July 2005.

ARH encourages those shareholders who have not already accepted the Offer to do so as soon as possible. Under the terms of the Offer the remaining shareholders will be paid within seven days of their ARH receiving their acceptance of the Offer. ARH intends to initiate the compulsory acquisition process at the $8.00 per share offer price to acquire all outstanding shares.

ARH’s move to 100% ownership is a logical commercial decision for a majority shareholder and will have no impact on POAL’s day-to-day operations. POAL is a well-managed business operating in a competitive environment. POAL is of significant importance to the Auckland region and ARH will be a supportive owner.

ENDS


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>