Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Holmes Nightly Programme To Cease Production

Holmes Nightly Current Affairs Programme To Cease Production


Prime Television today announced that the nightly Holmes current affairs programme will air for the final time this evening at 6pm.

In announcing the change to the network’s early evening line up, Prime Television Chief Executive Chris Taylor said “While we were unable to change viewing habits to the extent we would have liked, we are very proud of the programme and its achievements over the course of this year. The Holmes programme has provided the network with great confidence in its ability to produce premium quality current affairs. I want to thank everyone involved who have put their heart and soul into the development of the production.”

Paul Holmes will continue with the network as its leading on air broadcaster. Numerous projects are planned for this year and next, commencing with a one-hour special on Tuesday August 30 featuring New Zealand’s two potential Prime Ministers. Later in the year a series will be broadcast once a week in prime time under the current programme’s masthead – Holmes.

“Paul has been and will continue to be an invaluable part of this network’s future. We are excited about a number of projects in development and look forward to utilising Paul’s supreme broadcasting talents to bring these programmes to life” said Mr Taylor.

Prime will be absorbing as many of the talented personnel involved in the programme for the continued improvement of its highly successful ‘First at 5:30’ News Bulletin, as well as the development of Paul Holmes’ future projects with the network.

Alison Mau will continue to host Prime’s successful Tuesday night Documentary franchise, and will be hosting the upcoming local series, “Top 100 History Makers” scheduled for broadcast in October.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>