Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Vector signals move to compulsory acquisition

10 August 2005

Vector signals move to compulsory acquisition and confirms new listing date

Vector today announced that it will now move to compulsorily acquire the remaining shares in NGC Holdings Limited after receiving acceptances in respect of its offer for NGC shares which, when aggregated with Vector's existing shareholding, exceeds 90 per cent of NGC's shares.

The announcement comes after its Takeover Offer to NGC shareholders closed today (Wednesday 10 August 2005), after Vector's current shareholding in NGC reached XX%.

As a result of the successful offer, Vector also today announced that the company has brought its plans to list on the NZSX forward to Monday 15 August 2005.

Vector chairman Michael Stiassny says the company has had an excellent response to its offers and is looking forward to making its debut on the NZSX next week.

Mr Stiassny confirmed that, of the $592 million worth of shares being issued, $380 million would now be allocated as part consideration under the NGC acquisition. Capital bondholder entitlements that have been taken up through the offer totalled $140 million, leaving $72 million available for allocation to AECT Beneficiaries.

He also confirmed that, given that the AECT Beneficiary offer was significantly over-subscribed, the closing date for the General Offer had been brought forward [and it is now closed] and that the Institutional Offer and the Primary Market Participant Offer, all of which form part of the Vector Share Offer, would not proceed.

Holding statements will be sent to Vector shareholders early next week. Alternatively, shareholders can contact Computershare on (09) 4888 777 from Monday 15th August regarding their allocations.

Application has been made to New Zealand Exchange Limited ("NZX") for permission to list the shares in Vector Limited, and all the requirements of NZX relating thereto that can be complied with on or before the date of this announcement have been duly complied with. However, NZX accepts no responsibility for any statement in this announcement.

ENDS


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Mycoplasma Bovis: More Properties Positive

One of the latest infected properties is in the Hastings district, the other three are within a farming enterprise in Winton. The suspect property is near Ashburton. More>>

ALSO:

Manawatū Gorge Alternative: More Work Needed To Choose Route

“We are currently working closely and in partnership with local councils and other stakeholders to make the right long-term decision. It’s vital we have strong support on the new route as it will represent a very significant long-term investment and it will need to serve the region and the country for decades to come.” More>>

ALSO:

RBNZ: Super Fund Chief To Be New Reserve Bank Governor

Adrian Orr has been appointed as Reserve Bank Governor effective from 27 March 2018, Finance Minister Grant Robertson says. More>>

ALSO:

ScoopPro: Helping PR Professionals Get More Out Of Scoop

Scoop.co.nz has been a fixture of New Zealand’s news and Public Relations infrastructure for over 18 years. However, without the financial assistance of those using Scoop in a professional context in key sectors such as Public Relations and media, Scoop will not be able to continue this service... More>>

Insurance: 2017 Worst Year On Record For Weather-Related Losses

The Insurance Council of New Zealand (ICNZ) announced today that 2017 has been the most expensive year on record for weather-related losses, with a total insured-losses value of more than $242 million. More>>

ALSO: