Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Compulsory acquisition notice to be sent

16 August 2005

Compulsory acquisition notice to be sent to remaining NGC shareholders tomorrow

Vector today confirmed that a compulsory acquisition notice and share transfer forms will be sent to the approximately 3,000 remaining NGC shareholders tomorrow - Wednesday 17 August.

Last week Vector became the dominant owner of NGC under the takeover offer it made on 11 July 2005.

The company is commencing compulsory acquisition under the Takeovers Code, requiring that all the remaining NGC shareholders transfer their shares to Vector by 5:00pm on Tuesday 6 September.

Remaining NGC shareholders will receive $3.40 for each NGC share, which will be satisfied by:

- Vector issuing fully paid ordinary shares having an aggregate issue price of $2.62 to NGC shareholders with an address on NGC’s share register in New Zealand or making a cash payment of the net proceeds of the sale of such shares (which will be allotted to a nominee for sale) to NGC shareholders with an address on NGC’s share register outside New Zealand; plus

- A cash payment of $0.78.

This consideration is the same as the consideration payable under the takeover offer made on 11 July 2005.

Those remaining shareholders who complete and return their share transfer form by Tuesday 6 September will be sent the consideration (as above) within seven days of receipt of the transfer by Vector.

Those who do not do so will have their shares compulsorily acquired by Vector within seven days after Tuesday 6 September 2005. Consideration for these shares will then be held by NGC until claimed.

ENDS


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>