Nulook joins House of the Year, Commercial Awards
For Immediate Release
24 August 2005
Nulook joins House of the Year and Commercial Awards
Aluminum joinery company Nulook is to become one of the official supporters behind the Registered Master Builders Placemakers House of the Year Awards from 2006.
Nulook, which has been a supplier of commercial and residential aluminum joinery for the New Zealand building industry for 40 years, will back the Builder’s Own Home category of the competition.
Registered Master Builders Federation chief executive Chris Preston said: “The award recognises quality and innovation from builders and provides a platform for builders to express their design innovation, craftsmanship and material selection.
“Given that Nulook is a key manufacturer in the New Zealand building industry, it is appropriate for them to put their weight behind this award,” Mr Preston said.
Nulook spokesperson Mark Gilbert said homeowners took a close interest in the choices builders made with their homes and Nulook was proud to support their endeavours.
“The House of Year Awards give the building industry the opportunity to profile the innovative design and performance of new products”, he said.
“As an industry we face the challenge of consistently delivering high quality within a high demand market. Increasingly, skilled labour is becoming scarce, requiring greater investment in training and automated production methods to improve quality. Homeowners will be the ultimate benefactor in what is a highly customer driven market place,” Mr Gilbert said.
Nulook will sponsor the Builder’s Own Home category in the 2005 national competition and gala. From 2006, it will support the same award on a regional basis nationwide.
The Builder’s Own Home award is for a new home or renovation built by a builder for himself/herself or immediate family. Judges consider the following: structure; selection, installation and suitability of products; workmanship; design and functionality.
Registered Master Builders 2005 House of the Year is structured on two levels – local and national. Gold, Silver or Bronze Awards are determined in 20 local competitions around New Zealand using a points-based system, with one overall winner awarded in each category.
The top 100 local Gold Award winners progress to the national competition where they are judged by a national panel to determine national category winners and the 2005 Supreme Award. National winners are announced at a gala event in Auckland on Saturday, 15 October.
The Registered Master Builders PlaceMakers House of the Year and Commercial Awards are supported by principal sponsor PlaceMakers; and Lifestyle, Commercial and Supporting sponsors James Hardie, GIB Living Solutions®, Origin® , Tasman Insulation (Pink® Batts® Ultra), Mico Plumbing Supplies (Mico Bathrooms), and Housing New Zealand Corporation.
Registered Master Builders Federation (RMBF)
- The Registered Master Builders Federation (RMBF) represents New Zealand’s premier building companies who pride themselves on delivering the highest quality building standards to all New Zealanders
- RMBF has 1650 registered master builder member companies throughout New Zealand employing more than 15,000 employees and subcontractors
- Of the $7 billion spent on construction, 64% is spent by RMBF members
- RMBF has been in existence for more than 100 years providing industry leadership, training and customer services.
- There are 22 Registered Master Builder Associations around New Zealand
- Registered master builders are assessed on their building experience, trade or professional qualifications and practical experience. Re-certification of members occurs regularly, with checks on financial viability and workmanship
- When engaging a registered master builder for a new home or for alterations and additions work, whether built under a full contract or a labour only contract, a Master Build 7-Year Guarantee covering loss of deposit, non-completion of the work, defective workmanship and defective materials, will be offered by the registered master builder (conditions apply).
- In the past 13 plus years, Master Build Services has provided over 54,000 Master Build Guarantees (48,988 on new homes and 5,468 on alterations to homes).
About the Registered Master Builders PlaceMakers 2005 House of the Year
- The annual Registered Master Builders PlaceMakers House of the Year is New Zealand’s premier residential and commercial building awards programme. In its 15th year, these nationwide awards recognise excellence, quality, and innovation in the building industry.
Nulook is a leader in the residential and commercial aluminium joinery market. It markets its systems through a licensed network of independent manufacturers under the Nulook name and has the largest national licensee network with 54 licensees. Nulook has been supplying residential and commercial aluminium joinery to the New Zealand building industry for 40 years. The company is a division of Nalco. For more information go to: www.nulook.co.nz