Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Two Day Count-Down Until Bidding Commences

Two Day Count-Down Until Bidding Commences For Massive Fundraiser

2 September 2005

In just on 48 hours, close to 230 items donated by South Island businesses will ‘go live’ on high profile auction website, www.trademe.co.nz as the starting point for what is expected will be the South Island’s largest fundraiser ever with around half a million dollars in total hoped to be raised.

The fundraiser is for Ronald McDonald House South Island which supports families with seriously ill children. Since opening in March 2003, the House has provided over 16,700 nights of accommodation free of charge to more than 450 families on over 900 separate visits.

The massive fundraising event includes the Harcourts House Party, a huge auction and variety show being held at the Aurora Centre in Christchurch Sunday 11 September 2005. Harcourts Business Development Manager, Jim Davis said, along with their local Rotary Clubs, all Harcourts offices in the South Island enthusiastically worked with their local business community to donate quality goods and items to auction for the fundraiser.

The ultimate auction item is the new four bedroom Harcourts Horncastle Home for Ronald McDonald House, recently completed by Horncastle Homes in their Gilberthorpes subdivision and fully furnished.

A few key items will be auctioned live with the furnished house at the Harcourts House Party - a four-hour long ‘telethon-style’ live telecast on 11 September on CTV, Southland TV, Otago’s Regional Channel 9 station, and on Sky Digital channel 90. Multiple websites and radio stations including Newstalk ZB and Classic Hits are generously taking the coverage Island-wide.

The other close to 230 donated auction items ranging from signed rare sports memorabilia through to new driveways and weekend retreats will be on www.trademe.co.nz from this Sunday, 4 September.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>