e-Maintenance Solution Increases Efficiencies
e-Maintenance Solution Increases Efficiencies for Canon Partners
- AMP Financial Services NZ, Foundation Customer for e-Maintenance Software after Successful Trial -
- Secure service solution that reports networked printer/copier faults directly to Canon without need for customer intervention
- Increased device uptime ensures greater efficiencies for partners
- Accurate billing guaranteed as every user print is counted automatically
- Resulted in zero downtime for AMP Financial Services employees due to device maintenance in two month trial
Auckland, 13 September 2005 - Canon New Zealand, a leading provider of imaging, output and document management solutions for enterprise, has announced that AMP Financial Services NZ is the foundation customer for e-Maintenance. This follows a successful two month trial of the software during which AMP reported zero downtime for employees due to device maintenance.
e-Maintenance is a secure service solution that automatically polls printers and multifunction devices (MFDs) via the local network, reporting printer and copier faults directly to Canon without the need for customer intervention and dramatically reducing an organisation’s involvement in device administration.
If service or supplies are required, an incident report is emailed to Canon containing all the information technicians need to brief the customer. Should a service visit be required, Canon can use the detailed email to select the most suitable service technician and equip them with the necessary parts and supplies. At the same time, the customer will be alerted to the fault via a customised email.
During AMP’s two month trial of e-Maintenance in its Auckland and Wellington offices, it reported zero downtime for employees in terms of a device fault interrupting their workflow.
“In the first week, two day-to-day faults were detected by the e-Maintenance programme,” said Darren Hay, Service Support Manager for AMP Financial Services. “On both occasions, the Canon representatives attended and resolved the fault before any AMP employee had called the Help Desk, meaning that these two faults were resolved without any impact on AMP.
“The e-Maintenance service has also provided AMP with trend information on usage, giving us immediate access to forecast information where previously this had to be manually tracked.”
Craig Manson, Canon New Zealand’s National Manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group said that the secure solution offers unparalleled levels of pro-active customer service.
“It is a common fact that all machines will occasionally encounter problems, however because Canon’s e-Maintenance solution takes care of MFD maintenance automatically, it significantly reduces device downtime and administration, particularly for organisations that rely heavily on large fleets of printers and MFDs that are spread over several locations.”
e-Maintenance also pre-empts low toner stock levels, saving the customer from ordering them at the last minute.
For customers who pay for their printing equipment on a cost-per-print basis, e-Maintenance will automatically measure their print use at the end of each billing period, saving customers from collecting and faxing or emailing this data themselves.
“At Canon, we specialise in listening to our customers, analysing their needs, and then combining our hardware, software and services to solve their real business problems with solutions that stand apart from the rest of the market. e-Maintenance is one example of how a tailored solution can help our customers increase efficiency, reduce costs, give greater visibility on machine usage and provide an increased level of service to their own customers,” said Mr Manson.
Additional benefits of e-Maintenance:
- Service engineers have detailed fault information prior to site visits, ensuring more first time fixes
- e-Maintenance delivers device parts life information to engineers, thereby guaranteeing effective preventative maintenance – so parts can be replaced before they wear out
- Accurate billing is guaranteed as every user click is counted, reducing manual data collection and enabling faster response to billing queries
- Ability for customers to regularly check the status of each device which helps to facilitate effective fleet management
- Improved efficiency through detailed usage reports – can offer advice on the best device to meet customer usage patterns
- Aides consumables management, improving stock control for the customer