Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Sony Recalls Certain PlayStation 2 AC Adaptors


Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Announces Recall of Certain AC Adaptors Sold with the slimline PlayStation 2


London, 13 September 2005 - Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced a voluntary recall of certain AC Adaptors supplied with the black slimline PlayStation®2.

Certain AC Adaptors, identified as manufactured between August 2004 and December 2004, and supplied with the black slimline PlayStation 2 models SCPH70002, 70003 and 70004 may overheat and cause an injury hazard to consumers. It is likely that some of these units may have been on sale after this date. No other PlayStation 2 units are affected.

As a precautionary measure, and to ensure the quality and safety of PlayStation products for consumers, SCEE has taken the decision to recall all affected AC Adaptors in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasia.

Consumers who identify their AC Adaptor from the diagram below as one of those affected, should arrange for a replacement by visiting:

www.ps2ac.com

Consumers can also arrange for a replacement by contacting the dedicated recall Helpline, the number for which can be found in the consumer alerts to be published in national newspapers commencing Wednesday 14th September.

A new AC Adaptor will be provided free of charge. Consumers should not take their AC Adaptor back to the place of purchase.

As a precautionary measure, and until a replacement is provided, SCEE advises consumers owning one of the AC Adaptors affected by this Notice to unplug the PlayStation 2 from the mains power supply and discontinue use until a replacement AC Adaptor is provided.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

- ENDS -


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>