Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Fire Response "By The Book" Says Hubbards

September 27, 2005

Fire Response "By The Book" Says Hubbards - Company has contingency plan for production

September 27, 2005 - Hubbard Foods says that it has thanked staff for the way in which they responded to a fire in a cereal oven this morning at the production facility in Mangere, saying this ensured the safety of staff. Staff were evacuated immediately the alarm was raised, and there were no injuries.

Hubbard's Executive Director David Irving says the response to the fire alert and the evacuation was "done by the book", so the company is thanking everyone involved.

"The fire damaged one of the ovens. The cause of the fire is yet to be determined, and it would be unhelpful to speculate at this stage.

"We have ceased production for today, as our technical team assesses the situation and the clean-up begins.

"We have contingency plans in place for such an situation, and will strive to maintain our usual production levels as soon as possible. We are fortunate in that we have healthy stock levels to continue our supply to supermarkets, which are stored in a separate building that was not affected.

"We are asking staff to continue to report for their shifts as usual and there will be no disruption to their employment."

ENDS


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>