Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Unprecedented support for Waiheke Wine Festival

Media release – October 17, 2005

New format and unprecedented support for 2006 Waiheke Island Wine Festival

The annual Waiheke Wine Festival has attracted unprecedented support from Waiheke Island winegrowers with a record 20 vineyards taking part next February.

Festival favourites Cable Bay, Goldwater Estate, Peninsula Estate, Mudbrick, Saratoga Estate and Stonyridge will be joined by many newcomers including Awaroa, Miro Vineyard, Te Whau Vineyard and Te Motu.

For the first time all vineyards will join together to promote the best of Waiheke Island wines in one location at Isola Estate, in Onetangi Valley, which is surrounded by vines and has a backdrop which makes for a natural amphitheatre and is the ideal location for the 2006 event on February 11.

Blending with Waiheke’s fine wines will be Susan Fleischl’s gourmet fare; her crayfish and whitebait will be one of the highlights of the menu: music and entertainment will be provided by some of New Zealand’s great classic musicians and performers.

Waiheke’s so-called Bordeaux blends, reds made from combinations of cabernet sauvignon, merlot, cabernet franc and malbec have made the island synonymous with quality. In recent times several top-notch vintages have shown that chardonnay and syrah also excel in the unique island soil and climate.

Recognised as the best boutique wine festival of its kind in New Zealand, the annual event gives wine lovers the opportunity to sample the island’s vinous charms for themselves and celebrate the launch of the 2004 vintage.

Festival manager Rose France said tickets for the February 11 festival will be limited to under 5000 people to ensure a relaxed atmosphere for the event.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>