Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Update from CHH Independent Directors

27 October 2005

Update from Carter Holt Harvey Independent Directors

As stated in yesterday's announcement, the Committee of Independent Directors of Carter Holt Harvey Limited (the Committee) is assessing whether the revised 2005 forecast has implications beyond that year that will affect the Company's cashflows and valuation.

Cameron & Company are engaged in assisting the Committee in this evaluation.

In addition, Grant Samuel has been re-engaged to assess any implications for their original report. They have advised the Committee that they are unable to complete their review until Monday.

As a consequence, the Committee expects to issue a statement promptly following receipt of their report on Monday.

ENDS

Carter Holt Harvey (www.chh.com) is Australasia’s leading forest products company, with significant interests in wood products, pulp, paper and packaging, supported by forests. Leading Carter Holt Harvey brands include Customwood, Pinex, Bestwood, Kopine and PTP, and the company’s packaging can be found in most supermarket aisles. Carter Holt Harvey is listed on both the NZX and ASX, and employs approximately 10,200 people across New Zealand, Australia, China and throughout Asia. The company's head office is in Auckland, New Zealand.

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>