Experience an Ultimate Sounds Adventure
For Immediate release October 2005
Experience an Ultimate Sounds Adventure to capture the magic of the Marlborough Sounds, New Zealand
Marlborough Sounds, New Zealand …… Experience a unique adventure in the magical Marlborough Sounds- one day walking, one day sea kayaking and one day mountain biking. Stay at the waters’ edge contemporary Portage Resort to enjoy the remote Sounds location.
Enjoy three different activities. The very best of all worlds! Action and contemporary accommodation in remote location in spectacular scenery.
Walk one day on the Queen Charlotte Track, sea kayak one day on the remote Kenepuru Sound and on the final day jump on your bike for a one day’s mountain bike. Activities are guided and suited to your level of fitness and enthusiasm.
The Marlborough Sounds at the top of the South island are huge deep waterways edged bush-clad hills. The area is renowned for native birdlife and marine mammals. The world-class coastal walkway the Queen Charlotte Track is the location for day one walk and day three mountain bike trail.
Fly into Wellington, and hop onto a Sounds Air flight to Picton and you are in the Marlborough region. The Ultimate Sounds Adventure starts every Wednesday throughout summer. $NZ 1004.00 per person ( twin share) for five days including two nights in Picton and two nights at The Portage Resort Hotel, all boat transfers, flight from Wellington, guided seakayaking and bike hire.
Wine and food enthusiasts can enjoy a different time with tasting treats waiting. Take a four day indulgence including a wine tour of the renowned Marlborough wine region and wine and food matched dining at The Portage Resort Hotel. $1035 per person (twin share) for four days including helicopter flight to Wellington. (Minimum two).
Want ot sample more
of the city and night life of downtown Wellington en route
to your Marlborough adventure or indulgence? Available to
all packages optional additional nights at the Duxton Hotel
The Portage Resort Hotel is a 38 room contemporary resort, just 10 minutes from Picton by water taxi or 1 hour by road. Discover Portage is so easy for visitors and our hotel guests, to discover, explore and get the most of their visit to the Marlborough Sounds. The Discover Portage selection includes the most popular water, walks and wine experiences in the spectacular Marlborough Sounds.
Five days includes an eco tour and a one day Winery tour. $NZ 890 per person (share twin). All Discover Portage experiences include a personal 'Discover Portage pack' with a variety of essentials to make the experience memorable.
Discover Portage experiences - all magic!
- Cruise and Walk combination cruising the beautiful Queen Charlotte Sound and walking the Queen Charlotte Track (Several walk options from half an hour to four hours).
- Eco Cruise on Queen Charlotte Sound stepping ashore on Motuara Island Bird Sanctuary. Learn about conservation, New Zealand’s endangered species and wildlife programmes. Sightings of dolphins, seals, penguins and sea birds on the cruise.
- Fishing for Blue Cod and Snapper on Queen Charlotte Sound. Social group with skilled skipper locally experienced in finding exciting fishing grounds.
- Wine Tour to Marlborough's best wineries. Sample the region’s renowned vintages. Includes boat transfers to and from Picton to meet tour guide.
- Sea kayaking with a guide on the beautiful waters of the sheltered Kenepuru Sound. Set off from Portage Beach in front of the resort. Visit mussel farms, enjoying steamed mussels on the beach. Lunch included.
- Mussel Cruise & Tasting on Kenepuru Sounds. Enjoy a two hour cruise and learn about mussel farming. Indulge yourself with a dozen steamed mussels and two glasses of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc wine.
Daily tours available from 1 October to 30 April. On request at other times of the year. Minimum numbers of 2 per trip apply.
Ph. + 64 3 573 4309