Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

The Search Is On For Tauranga Wheel Winner

22 November 2005

The Search Is On For Tauranga Wheel Winner

A Lotto player is literally holding a ticket to Wellington after Saturday night's draw, New Zealand Lotteries Commission (NZ Lotteries) Chief Executive Trevor Hall said today.

John's Lotto at Fraser Cove in Tauranga sold the winning Winning Wheel ticket for the Saturday, 20 November draw. The winning serial number is 082-20677649-20xx.

"The winner has yet to come forward, so the search is on. We want to make sure all our winners come forward and claim their chance to win big on Winning Wheel," said Mr Hall.

Mr Hall said that since the Winning Wheel started on Saturday's live Lotto draw in August last year, 69 Lotto players from all over New Zealand have claimed their prize and spun and won. The two biggest winners have walked away with the top prize of $1 million.

Five people from the Bay of Plenty who have already spun and won, have taken home prizes ranging from $1 million, won by Whakatane's Kathy Laugesen, to $75,000 which as won by Neville Dalton from Whangamata.

"Winning tickets are identified by the serial number which is located at the bottom right-hand corner of every Lotto ticket," said Mr Hall.

"Players can check their ticket by going to any lottery outlet and running their ticket through a terminal, or by logging on to NZ Lotteries website www.nzlotteries.co.nz and checking their ticket against the winning serial numbers.

Winners come to Wellington with a friend and accommodation at the luxury Duxton Hotel paid for, as well as exhibition passes to Te Papa, a $500 shopping trip with a stylist to choose clothes for their TV appearance and a meal with a Lotto presenter. Previous winners have said the trip to Wellington to spin the Winning Wheel has become a once-in-a-lifetime memory.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>