Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Motorists to use new temporary alignment

Auckland Regional Office

29 November 2005

Motorists to use new temporary alignment between Cook and Nelson Streets

From Wednesday 30 November, southbound traffic on SH1 between Cook Street and Nelson Street will be shifted to a temporary alignment while the existing carriageway is excavated and lowered.

There should be no delays as the traffic is channelled through to a different part of the road for the next few months.

A new link is being formed along the motorway embankment and under the Wellington Street bridge, to carry traffic to the Northwestern Motorway and the Port.

To enable the new link to cross over the motorway, the southbound carriageway of SH1 will be lowered by up to four metres between Cook Street and Nelson Street.

A new bridge structure will be built, to cross over the lowered carriageway and join with bridges and approaches that are being constructed in the core area of the project.

Retaining walls will be constructed on the eastern side of the existing carriageway to enable the excavation and works on various existing structures.

The temporary carriageway will run behind the retaining walls which have been built on the western side of the existing southbound carriageway.

Motorists on the Southern Motorway are expected to use the temporary alignment for approximately eight months before traffic is switched back to the new lowered section of the motorway.

Work began on the northern part of the Central Motorway Junction (Stage 2) at the beginning of 2005 and is expected to be completed by late 2006.


CMJ Stage 2 Info Centre:

. 13-19 Howe Street (Ponsonby side of the city)
. Open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm
. Open Saturday 10.00am to 12.00pm
. Open first Sunday in the month 10.00am to 12.00pm, excluding holiday weekends
. Free parking for visitors is available at the Information Centre
. For more details please phone 0800 CMJ CORE (0800 265 2673)
. Group visits can be organised by prior arrangement - freephone 0800 CMJ CORE (0800 265 2673)
. Visit www.transit.govt.nz/cmj


ENDS


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>