Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

TVNZ Announces One News Line-Up

TVNZ Announces One News Line-Up

TVNZ has announced its new team to present the 6pm ONE News.

Head of News and Current Affairs, Bill Ralston, says the flagship bulletin will be anchored by Simon Dallow and Wendy Petrie.

"We have spent a number of weeks talking to presenters and after a thorough process we have decided that Simon and Wendy will be the faces to take us forward into a new era of ONE News," Mr Ralston says.

Simon Dallow has a long history of presenting with TVNZ, beginning in 1993 as co-host of Newsnight. He has presented a number of key shows throughout the years including Agenda, the ONE News debates, and ONE News.

Wendy Petrie is also a familiar face to many viewers. She was a reporter and presenter at TV3 before travelling to Canada where she worked as a news anchor on Canada's leading breakfast show, Canada A.M. She also worked for a 24 hour news channel, Newsnet, before returning to New Zealand and taking up her role as reporter/presenter for ONE News.

"Simon and Wendy both bring a tremendous skill base to ONE News. Simon is already well-established as a popular news presenter. He has shown his calibre as host of the highly-regarded current affairs programme, Agenda, to the extent that he was recently described in the print media as a 'brilliant' interviewer", Mr Ralston said.

"Wendy has wide experience both as a reporter in the field, including live coverage of 9/11, and as a news anchor during some of the last decade's most significant live events including the Iraq war, the space shuttle tragedy, and most recently the London transport bombings."

The duo will be on air from January 23 next year.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>