Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

$4.6 Million Powerball Prize Unclaimed

Auckland $4.6 Million Powerball Prize Remains Unclaimed

Saturday night's winning Powerball prize worth $4.6 million is still waiting to be claimed this Waitangi Monday, says NZ Lotteries Chief Executive Trevor Hall.

The ticket sold at Countdown Lynfield in Auckland is worth a total prize of $4,666,560 with $4,333,227 from winning Powerball First Division and $333,333 from also winning Lotto First Division.

Mr Hall's advice for the Powerball winner is to write their name and address on the ticket, confirming their ownership.

"They should then contact NZ Lotteries Wellington office who can provide advice about the next steps to take," he said.

"We have people waiting to talk the big winner through the prize process. All they need to do is call 04 8027000," he says.

The win follows a New Years Eve $8.6 million Powerball win by a Bay of Plenty family. The biggest Powerball win was $15.3 million, which was won by a ticket sold at Amigos Paper Power and Lotto in Auckland in September 2005.

There were three other big Lotto Powerball winners in 2005. In February a ticket sold in Paraparaumu, near Wellington, won a lucky Rugby Sevens fan $6.6 million; in June a Hawkes Bay family won $12 million with a ticket sold in Napier; and in November, a ticket bought in Manukau won $9.4 million.

There were two other Lotto First Division winners from Saturday night's draw. One player bought their ticket at Braggers Lotto, Whangaparoa, and the other at Countdown in Ashburton. Each ticket is worth $333,333 and both are still waiting to be claimed.

"Lotto players in Auckland, Whangaparoa and Ashburton should check their tickets, as these big prizes from the weekend are just waiting to be claimed," Mr Hall says.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>