Sing live, be loud and live the RockStar dream!
Rock your world with official tracks from The
The Exponents, INXS, The Veronicas, Gwen Stefani and many more...
28 February 2006 - Having wowed the crowds at festivals and gigs throughout 2005 – some of the world’s best live bands are coming together well to do it again. This is the ultimate line-up – including Nirvana, Dragon, Thin Lizzy, Coldplay, Deep Purple, Blur and many more. The big question everyone is asking is where and when are they appearing?
Sony Computer Entertainment New Zealand (SCENZ) is pleased to announce that these acts – and a number of additional special guests – are all to appear on the latest edition in the SingStar® series, SingStar Rocks!, available exclusively to PlayStation®2 and set for release in April ‘06.
Featuring 30 fully licensed tracks from global rock sensation The Killers to the heartbreak rock of Coldplay, and from one of New Zealand’s finest rock exports – Dragon – to the Courtney Love inspired genius of Hole, SingStar Rocks! delivers a special “access all areas” pass to the finest in live music.
Complete with the original videos, SingStar Rocks! captures the spirit and energy of the very best gigs – and gives you the chance to experience what it’s like to be the headline act. The line-up that’s got everyone talking reads as follows:
GANGgajang, Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia) The Killers, Somebody Told Me
Bowling For Soup, 1985 The Church, Unguarded
INXS, Never Tear Us Apart Thin Lizzy, The Boys Are Back In Town
Hole, Celebrity Skin The Veronicas, 4ever
Grinspoon, Hard Act To Follow Stereophonics, Dakota
Jet, Are You Gonna Be My Girl? Powderfinger, These Days
Killing Heidi, I Am Scorpions, Wind Of Change
Nirvana, Come As You Are
Powderfinger, (Baby I’ve Got You) On My Mind
Men At Work, Down Under Deep Purple, Smoke On The Water
The Swingers, Counting The Beat The Screaming Jets, Better
Rolling Stones, Paint It Black Coldplay, Speed Of Sound
The Exponents, Why Does Love Do This To Me? Gwen Stefani, What You Waiting For
Sun In Cuba The Offspring, Self Esteem
Blur, Song 2 The Cardigans, My Favourite Game
End of Fashion, Oh Yeah Franz Ferdinand, Do You Want To?
So if you think you have the attitude and the style to front some of the world’s most credible live bands, then SingStar Rocks! will have you performing the ultimate gig line-up wherever you and your PlayStation 2 happen to be.
Whether it’s post pub, a quiet night in or a whole weekend session – get your mates together, line up the mics, turn down the lights and it’s time to act the Rock Star with SingStar Rocks! Coming soon, to a venue very near you.
More information about the SingStar franchise:
- SingStar Rocks! is a sophisticated singing-based game for PlayStation 2 console that uses software and specially designed microphones to judge your pitch, tone and rhythm to give you a score. It features a diverse range of tracks from the rock genre that will appeal to a wide audience of rock fans, from teens to classic rockers.
- SingStar Rocks! will be released as both a standalone software pack and a bundled pack with x2 SingStar Microphones and USB Converter.
- The original ‘SingStar®’ was launched in May/June 2004 exclusively on PlayStation 2 to public and critical acclaim, entering the charts at number one in most of Europe’s biggest countries.
- SingStar® Party, the follow-up, was launched pre-Christmas 2004–and included not only another great line-up of international artists, but also further ‘party’ and multi-player features, such as duets.
- SingStar® Pop followed in the Autumn of 2005 introducing yet more original features and options including rap scoring and medleys, plus 30 of the biggest and best hits of the last three years.
- SingStar® ‘80s arrived in time for the 2005 festive season, offering a real treat for all SingStar fans, and serving as an essential Christmas party accessory!
In all, the SingStar series has sold 3.6 million
copies to date*
* Sell-in numbers as of end of December 2005 across PAL territories.