Ford SY Territory 4 Litre Wins AA Supreme Award
Ford SY Territory 4 Litre Wins
AA Motoring Excellence Supreme Award
The Supreme Winner of the 2006 AA Motoring Excellence Awards has been announced in Auckland tonight.
Stella Stocks, General Manager of AA Technical Services, says the Supreme Award is the AA’s highest award for motoring excellence and is given to the very best car currently on sale in New Zealand.
“For the second year in a row the AA Motoring Excellence Supreme Award has gone to the Ford SY Territory 4 Litre,” said Ms Stocks.
“The Ford SY Territory 4 litre offers a cleverly configured family friendly cabin, a superb chassis that transcends its size and segment, and handling abilities that can embarrass more sporting cars.”
“The Ford SY Territory 4 litre has had changes made to it since last year’s Awards that addressed those areas in which it was weakest. Ford can rightly be very proud of this vehicle winning the AA’s Supreme Award for Motoring Excellence both in 2005 and 2006,”said Ms Stocks.
The Ford SY Territory 4 litre sells for $64,990.
The 2006 Motoring Excellence Award categories and winners were:
• Fairfax New Zealand Small Car Class Award - won by the
Toyota Yaris 1.3 litre 5 door manual
• JEVIC NZ Ltd Compact Car Class Award - won by the Honda Civic 1.8 litre S
• EYEPRO Marketing Ltd Medium 4 Car Class Award - won by Mazda6 MPS
• The National Bank Medium / Large Car Class Award - won by Hyundai Sonata 3.3 litre V6 Elite A5
• Bridgestone New Zealand Ltd Executive Car Class Award - won by Lexus IS250
• Vero Insurance New Zealand Ltd Luxury Car Class Award - won by Lexus GS430
• BP Oil New
Zealand Ltd Crossover Car Class Award - won by Ford SY
Territory 4 litre
• Castrol New Zealand Performance / Sports Car Class Award - won by Porsche Cayman S
• Deloitte Motoring Journalism Award – won by Mr Dave Moore
• GE Money Safest Car Award – won by the Citroen C5 2 litre HDI
• Vodafone Environmental Award – won by Hyundai
• JD Power & Associates Customer Satisfaction Award – won by Honda.
The 2006 AA Motoring Excellence Awards were announced at a prestigious black tie dinner in Auckland tonight.
The AA’s Motoring Excellence Awards aim to identify and reward excellence amongst new vehicles and in areas of concern to motorists.