Humour in Business Awards
The Joyologist Pat Armitstead says "In 2006 New Zealand is going to laugh like never before !"
Why? Well she is organising the inaugural Humour in Business Awards for New Zealand, which invites business people to submit their "winning humour and wit "entries in three different categories, vying for the best score from the jesting judges. Awards need to be documented and submitted by the 1st April 2006 and the winners will be notified on the Awards night World Laughter Day ,May 1st. This is non profit function designed to raise awareness of the role of humour in business and in life.
See attachments for detail and you can get more info on www.businesstobusiness.co.nz
Pat says “ Someone said to me recently that business awards are too hard…YUK! So I thought I need to show just how easy it is… Especially as they are called humour awards…. Chuckle…
Attached is the entry questions…laid out on 2 sheets of paper in four parts You just need to answer the questions!
Why would you enter?
* The chance to win a brand new award in NZ
* To show your connection to the social componant of triple bottom line
* The opportunity to get some high profile for you and your business
* The opportunity to have your business/people publicly acknowledged for their contribution
You don’t think what you do is funny enough? How about these then… As a nurse we used to have initiation rites for new staff…. they would be sent to say the orthopoedic ward ..for a long wait..weight! or they would be sent to central sterilising for a set of fallopian tubes what do you have?
Some time ago I met a lady who got a bunch of accountants together to create some art the collection was called “Why accountants don’t paint” and ended up being an exhibition!
Contributors are invited to tell us their story and come along on awards night for some fun and to celebrate what it means to contribute to the social componant of the triple bottom line!”
New Zealand’s inaugural “Humour in Business Awards 2006”
Questions to guide your entry:
1. Tell us about the funny or humourous event, strategy or product that you used.
2. Who was involved and what did they/it do?
3. awWhat was the impact on customer service, sales, marketing, leadership? (Select one or more as it applies to you.)
4. How did this affect your business operations/bottom line?