Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Action ready for McDonald’s

Press Release: SupersizeMyPay.Com/Unite Union

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Action ready for McDonald’s response to anti-union claims

McDonald’s regional delegates are holding an urgent meeting to decide on action this afternoon pending a response by McDonald’s to union negotiators around 4pm this afternoon.

Workers will be meeting at the 220 Queen St McDonalds across the road from McDonald’s negotiators Teesdale Associates whose office is in the Q & V Building, Level 5, 203 Queen Street, Auckland

“McDonald’s union members are upset that their employer hasn’t come clean on whether or not they intend to pay non-union member’s the new minimum wage now, two weeks before union members,” said Simon Oosterman, SupersizeMyPay.com campaign co-ordinator. “Despite the Union filing legal documents twelve days ago to the Employments Relations Authority charging the company with unlawful failure to bargain and discrimination on grounds of union membership, the company has not responded to union members.”

“In the meantime, more union members are contacting the union every day with rumours that they will be disadvantaged for being in their union. Delegates believe that the company has been attempting to undermine their organising campaign for a $12 minimum wage, and end to youth rates and for secure hours from the beginning. They believe that the company is stalling their response to rub things in, which is making them very angry,” he said.

McDonald’s has offered the new minimum wage with no changes in conditions.

McDonald’s have until this Friday to make a response to the workers allegations at the Employment Relations Authority at the authority.

ENDS


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>