Growing Software Industry Through Collaboration
Growing the Software Industry Through
Wednesday 17 May 2006, 4-6pm
Copthorne Hotel, Durham St, Christchurch
Canterbury Software in connection with Connect Canterbury and New Zealand Trade & Enterprise are pleased to invite you to attend 1+1>2, an event series designed to showcase local software innovations and to promote collaboration within the industry. Specifically, it seeks to:
- Keep you up to date with what is going on in the local software industry;
- Encourage sharing of expertise and experience;
- Build new relationships;
- Avoid duplication of technical or market efforts; and
- Facilitate joint exploration of new markets and channels to market.
Showcase 1: Monitoring Solutions
The first 1 + 1 > 2 event features software used for monitoring purposes. It will present:
- Software that enables the match performance of two complete soccer team to be recorded and analysed, which is being launched in the United Kingdom the same week as this 1+1>2 event takes place;
- A collaboration between a Christchurch based mobile enterprise solution provider and a local start-up wireless mesh network developer. The focus for the collaboration is a combination of RFID and sensor network technologies for application in vineyards. The aim is to provide information that allows business decisions to be made around growing and harvesting.
- A package that enables remote monitoring and control of factories or machinery; facilities include provision of graphical images that allow engineers and managers to drill down to a detailed view of the item being monitored; and
- Software that dramatically lowers costs associated with gathering and export of data from video recordings associated with, for example, product usability testing, clinical and behavioural research and focus groups.
Come to the Copthorne Hotel Durham Street on 17 May 2006 from 4pm to 6pm. 1+1>2 events will consist of short, informative presentations followed by an opportunity to talk with people of similar interests over a drink and some food.
Although the events are free, you will need to register. Please RSVP to email@example.com or by telephone (03) 353 4440