Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Transpower engages external experts

15 June 2006

Transpower engages external experts

Transpower has asked independent engineering experts to review Monday’s incident which cut power to a large part of Auckland.

Chief Executive Ralph Craven says Sinclair Knight Merz (SKM) have been engaged to undertake a full Incident Review.

Specifically, SKM have been asked to:

1. Identify what failed.
2. Identify the Maintenance Plan that covers items involved in the failure.
3. Assess whether Transpower was following this plan.
4. Note any adjustments to the Maintenance Plan that might be needed as a result of this review, including for instance, assessment of how feasible it was for the planned processes to have identified the potential failure.

“Transpower will continue with its own investigation and will provide forensic data to aid the independent review by SKM,” Dr Craven said. “We have also taken immediate steps to inspect similar equipment at Otahuhu and at our other major substations around New Zealand.

“Transpower will also be looking at the way the restoration of the power supply was managed on Monday and whether there are any lessons that can be learnt for the future.

“The report by SKM will be included with the comprehensive information Transpower has undertaken to provide to the Minister of Energy by 23 June and will be publicly released.”

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>