Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Big Wednesday Ticket Wins $4.4 Million

Auckland Big Wednesday Ticket Wins $4.4 Million Plus Luxury Prizes

A lucky Big Wednesday player who bought their ticket at Pakuranga Lotto in Auckland has won $4.4 million plus two luxury cars, $50,000 worth of luxury travel every year for five years, $250,000 loaded on an American Express card, a luxury launch and a $500,000 bach on tonight's Big Wednesday draw, NZ Lotteries Chief Executive Todd McLeay said.

"We are delighted to see Big Wednesday won tonight. Someone out there has just won over $5.9 million in cash and luxury prizes," Mr McLeay said.

Big Wednesday Second Division was also struck by two lucky ticket holders, who have each won $313,309. The winning tickets were sold at Pakuranga Lotto in Auckland and House of Gifts and Lotto in Gisborne.

The Pakuranga ticket is the fourth winning First Division Big Wednesday ticket sold since Big Wednesday was launched. The first winning ticket, worth $13.1 million, was sold in Thames, the second, worth just over $4 million, was sold in Auckland, and the third, also worth just over $4 million, was sold in Whangamata.

"Our fourth Big Wednesday First Division winner will take home:

- $4.4 million; - Porsche 911 Carrera; - Range Rover Vogue V8; - $50,000 worth of luxury travel every year for five years; - $250,000 American Express Platinum card; - A Mustang 3200 luxury launch; and a - $500,000 bach.

Mr McLeay's advice for the Big Wednesday First Division winner is to write their name and address on the ticket, confirming their ownership.

"They should then contact NZ Lotteries Wellington office who can provide advice about the next steps to take," he said.

"Anyone who bought their ticket at Pakuranga Lotto in Auckland or House of Gifts and Lotto in Gisborne should check it immediately," Mr McLeay says.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>