Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Woosh CEO To Leave End Of August


Woosh CEO To Leave End Of August

July 28, 2006 – Woosh Chief Executive Bob Smith announced today that he would leave the organisation at the end of August to pursue opportunities in the online and content space as well as giving more time to his power boating passion.

“Bob has been a wonderful asset for Woosh. He has built up great personal loyalty from the Board, the leadership group, and the staff at Woosh. Although we wish him well in his chosen future, he will be greatly missed,” said Rod Inglis, Woosh Chairman.

Smith leaves Woosh on a high having recently concluded the deal with ISP Quicksilver. Quicksilver’s fixed line DSL service immediately broadens the Woosh offering to include areas outside the Woosh wireless coverage areas.

“My five and half years at Woosh have seen the emergence into reality of a concept – to create a viable third telecommunications network choice for New Zealanders.
I feel incredibly proud of the achievements we have made, sometimes against the odds, in delivering a bundled wireless broadband and phone network.

“It’s now time for the next leader to come through and deliver against the fully convergent telecommunications and information technology future that will emerge following unbundling and the rapid advances in wireless technology platforms. Here at Woosh, the stage has been set with the company well positioned for profitability in 2007, a high quality board, solid and supportive investors, and a great management team,” Smith added.

Inglis said the Woosh management structure will be announced in the near future.

Ends

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>