Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

3’s Outrageous Fortune Hits The Ratings Jackpot

Wednesday, September 6, 2006

3’s Outrageous Fortune Hits The Ratings Jackpot

The second series of local drama Outrageous Fortune, which launched on 3 last night, drew a viewership of 188,300 (source: AGB/Nielsen Media Research) - winning its timeslot with a 34% share in 3’s target 18-49 demographic.

Kelly Martin, 3’s Director of Programming, says the ratings reflect the high quality and production values of the series, which follows the exploits of the criminally-inclined West family.

“Not only are we thrilled to have won the timeslot, the fact that we've done it with a local drama should be shouted from the rooftops. While everyone has been bemoaning the fact that local drama doesn't work, South Pacific Pictures and 3, with the support of NZ On Air, have been busy working on the second series of a drama that absolutely does work, and we're pleased that the audience agrees with us. We'd like to thank the cast and crew who have done an amazing job... all the hard work has been worth it.”

John Barnett, Chief Executive Officer of South Pacific Pictures, comments: “We're delighted. It's great to be back!”

Outrageous Fortune, which stars Robyn Malcolm; Grant Bowler; Antony Starr; Siobhan Marshall; Antonia Prebble; Frank Whitten; Kirk Torrance, Claire Chitham; Shane Cortese and Tammy Davis, led a great ratings night for 3, with an overall channel share of 34.6% for the evening in the key 18-49 demographic. The viewing line-up included 3 News, Campbell Live, Target, Money Man, NCIS and Nightline.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>