Lindauer's 25th Birthday - Everyone's Inivited
18 September 2006
Lindauer Celebrates its 25th Birthday With the Biggest, Bubbliest Bash of the Year – and Everybody’s Invited
The bubbly beverage synonymous with special occasions is about to hold its own celebration to thank New Zealanders for an incredibly prosperous quarter century! To mark its 25th birthday, Lindauer is throwing a free public extravaganza at the Viaduct Basin on the 28th of October from 5pm – 10pm.
Since its launch on Christmas Day 1981, Lindauer’s production has grown to 4 million bottles each year – one for every person in New Zealand – and a million exported to the UK, where it is the fourth largest seller in the sparkling wine category.
Hosted by Lindauer girl, Joe Cotton, the party will transform the Viaduct Basin into a spectacular carnival for all the family to enjoy.
Boh Runga’s band Stellar, Bfm’s Mikey Havoc, and DJ Nick Love will all play live. And, some lucky members of the public will get to party hard on the Lindauer Loveboat. As well as great music guests will be wowed by spectacular street performers including stilt walkers and fire performers, and the night will conclude with a dazzling fireworks finale.
There are a multitude of prizes to be won on the night in conjunction with More FM – a $2,500 diamond ring; House of Travel vouchers; a New Year party worth $3,000 for 25 people on the Gladiator Launch; a brand new Suzuki Swift GT worth $30,000; and no end of hampers and goodie bags.
“Our success is due to the fact that Kiwis are the biggest consumers of bubbly in the world,” says Lindauer’s Brand Manager, Suzanne Ashwell. “We’re so proud that Kiwis associate celebrations and special occasions with Lindauer – so this is Lindauer’s way of saying thank you.”
Lindauer 25th Birthday Run Sheet 28 October 2006
- Event opening by Joe Cotton – The Summer 2006 ‘Lindauer Girl’.
- Entertainment Highlight – Experience NZ hits from the last 25 years with one of New Zealand’s best DJ’s – Nigel Love.
- Carnival entertainers – Stilt walkers, amazing mime artists, fire performers, and unicyclists.
- The Mermaids – One of New Zealand’s most popular musical entertainment line-ups, featuring three of New Zealand's top female vocalists Joe Cotton, Rebecca Wright and Pauline Berry.
- Mikey Havoc – You’ve heard him on the radio and seen him on TV, now see him turn the tables at the best party of the year.
- Main Feature – Stellar: experience one of New Zealand’s most popular and successful bands perform live.
- Lindauer Happy Birthday Finale – A spectacular exhibit of sparkles in the sky with a 10 minute extravagant display of fireworks to mark a 25th milestone of New Zealand’s favourite and most trusted bubbly.
- Event ends.