Growing the IT Industry Through Collaboration
Come and hear how six Auckland companies
collaborated to win multi-million dollar contracts.
Canterbury Software, Connect Canterbury and New Zealand Trade and Enterprise present...
Growing the IT Industry Through Collaboration
How To Make The Formula Work!
Thursday, 26th October 2006, 4:00pm-6:30pm
The final event for the year aims to ‘tie it all together’ by highlighting cross-sectoral collaboration through the successful collaborative Health IT Cluster case study and then a fascinating panel discussion to uncover the real tips on successful collaboration.
The agenda for the event is:
* Andrea Pettett, CEO of NZ Health IT Cluster will share her experience of the extremely successful collaboration of six Health IT cluster members with IT giant, Microsoft that occurred in 2005/6. Two cluster members - New Zealand Health IT providers Healthphone and Simpl - are now poised for significant growth after having been appointed Microsoft Global Lead Partners joining an elite group of companies worldwide that can use the resources of Microsoft to access international markets. Their contracts are a direct result of the success of the world-first Health IT Showcase, a year-long New Zealand initiative which demonstrated how innovative technology can improve patient care through online patient records management.
* A Panel Discussion covering who can help make your collaborative project happen. Andrea and representatives from CDC, Connect Canterbury, NZTE and Canterbury Software Inc will engage in a free ranging Q&A session about who can help, how they can help and how to get their help. However, it’s also up to you to steer it to what you want to find out!
The Panel will be facilitated by Peter John who is Director for Innovation and Commercialisation at Lincoln University responsible for developing relationships between the University and industry, and commercialising University innovations. He is also Director of the Van der Veer Institute, on the Executive Committee of the Canterbury Research Foundation, the Funding Advisory Chair for FoRST and R&D Consultant for Connect Canterbury.
The Collaboration Panel will consist of:
Andrea Pettett is currently the Chief Executive of the NZ Health IT Cluster, with past involvement in the health care industry as former Executive Director of the Health Funds Association of NZ and former Chief Executive of the NZ General Practitioners’ Association. Prior to joining the health sector, Andrea worked as a Patent Attorney specialising in biotechnology and pharmaceutical patents.
Hamish House is Projects Manager - ICT for the Canterbury Development Corporation based here in Christchurch. Over the past two years, he has been the facilitator for Canterbury Software and now manages projects for both the software and electronics sectors in Canterbury. Hamish works with both small and large companies to identify opportunities for companies to facilitate collaboration on larger projects that will have an economic impact on the region.
Dave Tinkler of co-owner of angel investor Holliday Corporation has spent well over 20 years working in the software industry in both NZ and the UK. Dave has worked in a great variety of both large and small organisations and has been involved in numerous collaborative ventures ranging from joint product development to multi-party market penetration strategies As a Canterbury Software Inc committee member he is charged with encouraging and facilitating collaboration amongst local software companies.
Don Rae is Sector Manager - ICT for New Zealand Trade & Enterprise's and is based in Christchurch. Over the past 18 months, he has had practical experience in facilitating collaboration between New Zealand technology companies as part of NZTE's ICT Transport & Logistics Project. Don is also Secretary of Canterbury Software Inc.
You will also be attended by other key industry players who have collaborated successfully and have an opportunity to network and discuss your needs.
This successful series was designed to showcase local IT innovations and to promote collaboration within the industry. The three events averaged 120 participants, highlighted many valuable insights into the collaboration experiences of a number of NZ organisations, and provided some great networking opportunities.
The 1+1>2 series seeks to:
* Keep you up to date with what is going on
* Encourage sharing of expertise and experience;
* Build new relationships;
* Avoid duplication of technical or market efforts; and
* Facilitate joint exploration of new markets and channels to market.
This final 1+1>2 event will consist of a short, informative presentation followed by a panel discussion and then an opportunity to talk with people of similar interests over a drink and some food. Please note this is to be held in a different venue than the previous three events - The Chateau on the Park.
Although the events are free, you will need to register, so to RSVP please click here.
The Chateau on the Park, 189 Deans Ave, Christchurch
expand your business opportunities and improve your bottom line!
Learn from their experiences to help your company access partners