Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Eden Park hearing postponed

MEDIA RELEASE
15 November 2006


Eden Park hearing postponed

The Eden Park Trust Board said today that, after consultation with Government, its resource consent hearing would be postponed by 10 days.

The hearing, originally due to start on Monday, 20 November, has been postponed until Thursday, 30 November, to avoid the hearing occurring before a decision on a preferred venue for the Rugby World Cup 2011 is made.

Eden Park Chief Executive John Alexander said the decision to postpone the hearing was carefully considered by the Trust Board.

“We thought long and hard about this decision as we are aware that the hearing has been scheduled for some months now with many submitters putting this time aside for the process.”

“Ultimately it came down to the fact that we felt it was important the hearing takes place after a decision on the preferred venue for the Cup has been made,” he said.

Reductions in height of the South and East stands achieved by the completed redevelopment of Eden Park can be accommodated within the current resource consent application.

The $385m completed redevelopment of Eden Park will require a new minor resource consent application because small areas of the new West Stand are outside the Concept Plan building platform and a small part is over the 30 metre height limit.

The Trust Board remains committed to working with its community on the enhanced design option for Eden Park.

314 people submitted in favour of the redevelopment (12 with conditions) and 177 were opposed.


ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Voluntary Administration: Renaissance Brewing Up For Sale

Renaissance Brewing, the first local company to raise capital through equity crowdfunding, is up for sale after cash flow woes and product management issues led to the appointment of voluntary administrators. More>>

Elsewhere:

Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:

Media Mega Merger: Full Steam Ahead For Appeal

New Zealand's two largest news publishers have confirmed they are committed to pursuing their appeal against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>