Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Takeover Offer for King Country Energy

Dear Unlisted Users

Please note the takeover offer announced today by King Country Energy (see below).

Accordingly trading in KCE stock on Unlisted has been halted until Monday 27 November.

Regards

Bruce Cossill
Manager, Unlisted


Takeover Offer for King Country Energy


The Board of King Country Energy (KCE) has received a Takeover Notice from Todd Energy for 100% of KCE at a price of $4.40 per share, in terms of Rule 41 of the Takeovers Code Approval Order 2000. Currently Todd Energy owns 35.38% of KCE.

The Board has formed an Independent Committee comprising the non-Todd Energy Directors of the Company: AJ Palmer, JGO Stubbs and GRH Gower. This Independent Committee will be proceeding with evaluating and making a recommendation on the Offer in accordance with the Takeovers Code.

The Independent Directors are concerned that all shareholders are fully and equally informed. Accordingly, we are requesting an immediate suspension of trading on Unlisted through to the opening of the market on Monday, 27th November.

Appropriate notification of receipt of notice of the Offer will be mailed to shareholders immediately. In the meantime shareholders are urged to take no action in response to the Offer.


AJ Palmer
Chairman
King Country Energy


ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>