Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

$2.3 Million Ticket Still to be Claimed

Taradale $2.3 Million Big Wednesday Ticket Still to be Claimed

The winning Big Wednesday First Division ticket, worth $2.3 million in cash and luxury prizes, sold by McDonald's New World in Taradale is still to be claimed, says NZ Lotteries Chief Executive, Todd McLeay.

The lucky player has won for themselves $2 million cash plus Big Wednesday's stylish new vehicles, an Aston Martin V8 Vantage and an Audi Q7.

"We are really looking forward to meeting the first Big Wednesday winner to drive away in our luxurious new cars, so I urge anyone who purchased their ticket at McDonald's New World in Taradale to check their ticket immediately," says Mr McLeay.

McDonald's New World also sold a Big Wednesday Second Division ticket worth $31,287.

Big Wednesday's new line-up was launched after Big Wednesday was struck last week by a player who purchased their ticket at Magascene in Takapuna, Auckland. The lucky winner took home more than $3 million in cash and luxury prizes.

Mr McLeay's advice for this week's Big Wednesday winner is to write their name and address on their ticket, confirming their ownership.

"They should then either visit any NZ Lotteries retailer of their choice or contact NZ Lotteries Wellington office on (04) 802 7000, and we can provide advice about the next steps to take," he said.

A ticket sold at Buyrite 4 Square & Lotto in Te Puke won Big Wednesday's second chance draw, open to all tickets bought for Wednesday's draw. The ticket holder has won an Audi A4. The ticket has been claimed.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>