Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

New Wellington Hotel welcomes the LA Galaxy

New Wellington Hotel welcomes the LA Galaxy Football Team

The Copthorne Hotel Wellington, Oriental Bay is delighted to announce that it has been chosen to be the official accommodation provider to the Los Angeles Galaxy when they visit Wellington to play the Wellington Phoenix Football team on Saturday the 1st of December 2007 at the Westpac Stadium.

Mr. BK Chiu, Managing Director of Millennium Hotels & Resorts NZ is thrilled with the Galaxy’s visit and hotel choice, saying "We are proud to be hosting one of the world’s best-known football teams and supporting this unique event in Wellington. This highlights the capital’s ability to offer a wide range of cultural, sporting and leisure activities. It keeps New Zealand top of mind as a destination for both tourists and as a conferencing venue".

A recent $10 million refurbishment along with the hotel’s prime waterfront position overlooking the beautiful Wellington Harbour, will see the visiting team enjoy the hotel’s five-star service and six-star views.

The hotel features contemporary décor, exceptional dining options at the One80º Restaurant, heated indoor swimming pool and state of the art technology, including all the convenient home comforts such as broadband internet, modem points, and a large wall mounted 32 inch LCD television. The choice of accommodation includes 4 spacious luxury suites; 55 superior plus rooms, 17 superior rooms and 42 standard rooms. Each of the 118 superbly appointed guest rooms has its own private balcony offering scenic harbour or city views.

The Hotel is owned and operated by Millennium Hotels and Resorts, New Zealand’s largest owner and operator of hotels with 32 properties under the Millennium, Copthorne and Kingsgate brands, from the Bay of Islands in the North to Dunedin in the South.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>