Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Provisional Results of Radio Spectrum Auction 9

Notice Of Provisional Results Of Radio Spectrum Auction 9

Radio spectrum Auction 9, for spectrum in the 2.3 GHz and 2.5 GHz bands, successfully concluded on Tuesday, 18 December 2007.

The online auction process was a multiple round process for eight lots of spectrum – four nationwide lots suitable for WiMAX type services (two in the 2.3 GHz band and two in the 2.5 GHz band) and four nationwide lots suitable for either WiMAX or cellular type services.

The auction commenced with ten participants on Tuesday 11 December 2007 and was completed after 30 rounds. There are six provisionally successful bidders and the total value of their bids is $4,374,333.

Two further lots of spectrum have also been made available as part of the allocation process for radio spectrum in these bands. One nationwide lot of 25 MHz is reserved for Maori. The Minister of Maori Affairs has offered this lot to Hautaki Ltd. Another 45 MHz lot has been reserved for a "managed spectrum park", which will be the subject of further consultation in 2008 .

The new rights in the 2.3 GHz band will commence after the expiry of the existing rights in December 2010. Parties seeking earlier access will be able to negotiate with the existing right holders. The rights in the 2.5 GHz band will commence in January 2009, although the various types of existing use in this band will be able to continue until mid 2009, December 2010, or December 2012 depending on the type of use.
The lots will be transferred to the successful bidders once they have successfully completed the settlement process.

Further information on the spectrum auction, auction rounds and requirements of bidders is available on the Ministry of Economic Development’s radio spectrum website at http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/policy-and-planning/spectrum-auctions/2-3-2-5-ghz-auction

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>