Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

National Bank Secures Sponsorship Of One News

The National Bank Secures Sponsorship Of One News Updates


TVNZ today announced that The National Bank will exclusively introduce the ONE News Updates which screen daily at 7.30pm and 8.30pm.

The multi-year partnership, which begins on Monday 14 January, also covers ONE News Updates across a range of TVNZ's new media platforms, including tvnz.co.nz, tvnz on-demand, pod-casting and portable video content for mobile.

TVNZ Head of News and Current Affairs, Anthony Flannery, said he was delighted to be working with The National Bank.

"As one of the country's most iconic brands, The National Bank is a perfect match for ONE News," he said. "The strength of this partnership also demonstrates the market's confidence in the ONE News brand; New Zealand's leading news service."

Dave Walker, Head of Advertising Sales at TVNZ described The National Bank as the ideal partner for ONE News.

"Key factors in the decision to enter into this new partnership were the credibility of The National Bank brand, its excellent track record of involvement in the community, and the Bank's commitment to embracing our new media strategy" he said.

"Media buys of this nature have proven to be highly effective in terms of audience reach and will significantly enhance our share of voice" said Craig Sims, Managing Director of The National Bank Retail Banking.

"ONE News is a great brand fit for The National Bank, and we saw this as an excellent opportunity to build on our consistently strong customer service proposition" said Sims.

"We're particularly looking forward to the opportunities afforded by TVNZ's focus on new media to provide news anywhere, anytime. This complements our own investment in mobile and web banking channels."

ONE News ended 2007 in a strong position after two months of year-on-year growth in total viewership, and in the all-important 25-54 demographic.*

In November 2007, ONE News at 6pm boosted its total audience by 7% (over 38,000 viewers), and its 25-54 audience by 6% (over 10,000 viewers) compared with 2006 ratings. ONE News continued to build its audience in December, boosting its total audience by 8% (over 44,000 viewers), and its 25-54 audience by 14% (more than 20,000 viewers) over the 2006 figures.

Overall, ONE News ended the year with an average 2007 rating of 14.2 (548,000 viewers), around 200,000 more viewers than 3 News, and was neck-and-neck with 3 News in the 25-54 demographic. Both bulletins had an average 2007 rating of 10.6 in 25-54, equivalent to 183,907 viewers.

*All ratings data sourced from AGB Nielsen

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

By May 2018: Wider, Earlier Microbead Ban

The sale and manufacture of wash-off products containing plastic microbeads will be banned in New Zealand earlier than previously expected, Associate Environment Minister Scott Simpson announced today. More>>

ALSO:

Snail-ier Mail: NZ Post To Ditch FastPost

New Zealand Post customers will see a change to how they can send priority mail from 1 January 2018. The FastPost service will no longer be available from this date. More>>

ALSO:

Property Institute: English Backs Of Debt To Income Plan

Property Institute of New Zealand Chief Executive Ashley Church is applauding today’s decision, by Prime Minister Bill English, to take Debt-to-income ratios off the table as a tool available to the Reserve Bank. More>>

ALSO:

Divesting: NZ Super Fund Shifts Passive Equities To Low-Carbon

The NZ$35 billion NZ Super Fund’s NZ$14 billion global passive equity portfolio, 40% of the overall Fund, is now low-carbon, the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation announced today. More>>

ALSO:

Split Decision - Appeal Planned: EPA Allows Taranaki Bight Seabed Mine

The Decision-making Committee, appointed by the Board of the Environmental Protection Authority to decide a marine consent application by Trans-Tasman Resources Ltd, has granted consent, subject to conditions, for the company to mine iron sands off the South Taranaki Bight. More>>

ALSO: