2talk Set to Change Way NZ Businesses Communicate
2talk Set to Change the Way NZ Businesses Communicate
Media Release: 10 January 2008
2talk, a NZ based service provider offering a feature rich hosted service, have launched plans developed specifically for the needs of small and medium businesses (SMBs), enabling them to make significant savings on their telecommunications costs and realize the productivity gains enabled by VoIP applications and features.
2talk Business Value retails at $35/month
and includes 2000 worldwide minutes to over 40 destinations,
2 local NZ numbers, a dedicated fax line, unlimited 2talk
calling and 1 number port.
2talk Business Go retails at $80/month and includes unlimited worldwide minutes, 2 local NZ numbers, a dedicated fax line, unlimited 2talk calling and 2 number ports.
“The plans are great value, even in terms of the minutes alone and when you add in our free features they’ll be hard to match”said Jude Flood, 2talk GM. “Businesses can be connected and making calls in minutes if they use our free 2talk softphone and our 2talk live web portal makes it very easy for staff to manage their phone features.”
Packed with 2talk’s standard range of free features the new business plans also include SIP Trunking and Extension Dialling functionality. Key 2talk features for businesses include:
- SIP Trunking – enables businesses to connect their IP capable PBX and save on calling costs while still controlling and owning their own PBX.
- Locate Me – find me; follow me service that enables users to have multiple phones ring when their 2talk line rings.
- Group Talk – allows businesses to realize the benefits of conference calling for meetings, training sessions and remote staff communications.
- Video Calling –business users can have face to face meetings without leaving their desk.
- Enhanced Voicemail –business users get their voicemail delivered to their email inbox allowing visual sorting and management of messages.
- Call Recording –businesses can record important calls and save them for reference.
- Auto Attendant –enables business to setup a simple IVR and direct calls to the correct destination without the need for a receptionist.
“We developed our SIP Trunking service in response to requests from the marketplace” said Ray Jackson, 2talk CTO. “A lot of mid sized businesses out there are using IP PBXs and they’re keen to interconnect with us. It means they’ll save heaps on their call costs and that they can take advantage of our free hosted features like call recording and network call forwarding. It’s the best of both worlds really.”
To learn about 2talk Business and sign up visit www.2talk.co.nz/business
2talk offer a NZ based Broadband Phone Service for Personal and Business users. All plans include free features and unlimited calling between 2talk users. 2talk’s services are SIP based and standards compliant. 2talk launched in April 2007 and recently won the TUANZ 2007 Initiative of the Year Award. www.2talk.co.nz