Voyeuristic Ad Campaign Believed to Be World First
Press Release 15 January 2008
Voyeuristic Ad Campaign Believed to Be World First
h2go is at the forefront of a cutting edge multimedia promotional campaign that is taking advantage of New Zealanders’ fascination with photo sharing sites and a resurgence of game show styled programming.
The h2go Snapped for Cash promotion uses undercover photographers to snap people drinking specially marked bottles of h2go 750ml pure water, building on the voyeuristic appeal bought about by social networking and photo sharing sites. The photos are placed on www.snappedforcash.co.nz and go into the draw to win a weekly prize of $10,000.
In a lotto style televised draw made every Sunday night at 8.20pm on TV2, one photo is selected randomly and the mystery h2go drinker then has 48 hours to contact h2go to claim their $10,000 prize.
h2go is pulling out all the stops to find each week’s mystery h2go drinker with high profile tv, press, online and radio ads airing for two days following the draw, prompting the public to help identify the individual. If the winner is not found within the 48 hour deadline the prize jackpots the following week.
The h2go photographers start roaming the country from the 14th January with the first draw on Sunday 20th January. The campaign runs for nine weeks, finishing on Sunday 16th March.
h2go senior brand manager, Nigel Chenery, says; “We believe h2go Snapped for Cash is one of the first in the world to leverage today’s more voyeuristic culture. We’re expecting to see a lot of interest and consumer anticipation around this promotion.
“We’ve developed an innovative campaign which requires minimal effort from the consumer, they don’t need to text in or enter a unique code online or send in any coupons – they simply need to be seen drinking h2go! The public also get to help us find our winner during the search component of the campaign which is certainly unique to this promotion,” added Mr Chenery.
h2go was the first New Zealand mineral water to be bottled in a sippertop pack, and is one of the largest on the go lifestyle water brands in New Zealand.
For further information on the promotion visit www.snappedforcash.co.nz.
Notes to editors:
Terms and conditions of the h2go snapped for cash
These can be found both on the h2go snappedforcash website and also parts of the t’s and c’s can be found on the promotional bottles of h2go.
Snapped for Cash promotion is only open to New Zealand
2. If you purchase any specially marked bottle of h2go Pure between 14/01/08 – 16/03/08 you will have the chance to be entered into the Snapped for Cash weekly prize draws.
3. Four teams of h2go spotters will be travelling through New Zealand looking for people who are drinking, holding or carrying a specially marked bottle of h2go Pure.
4. Purchasing a specially marked bottle of h2go Pure is deemed acceptance that your photo may be taken by our spotter teams & used for the purposes of this promotion.
5. If your picture is taken by one of our h2go spotters it will be uploaded onto the Snapped for Cash database & displayed on the Snapped for Cash website www.snappedforcash.co.nz.
6. Each week all images held on the Snapped for Cash database by 8am on the Wednesday will be entered into all subsequent weekly draws.
7. The random weekly draws will take place on the following dates: 16/01, 23/01, 30/01, 6/02, 12/02, 20/02, 27/02, 5/03 and 12/03/2008.
8. Entry into the draws is deemed acceptance of these terms & conditions.
9. The photograph of the person whose entry is the first valid entry drawn in each weekly draw will be displayed on the TV draw on the Sunday following the relevant draw (ie on 20/01, 27/01, 03/02, 10/02, 17/02, 24/02, 01/03, 9/03 or 16/03/2008).
10. The person whose photograph is displayed will have 48 hours from the time of the TV draw to claim their prize. If the person whose photograph is displayed does not contact us on 0800 90 90 40 by 8.20pm on the Tuesday immediately following the draw (ie 22/01, 29/01, 05/02, 10/02, 19/02, 26/02, 03/03, 11/03 or 18/03/2008) the $10,000 prize will be forfeited and that $10,000 will be added to the prize for the following week
11. Prize claimants must provide their First Name, Surname, Address, Telephone, Mobile details. Claimants must also state where and when they think the photo was taken. Claimants must email a recent photo to email@example.com in order to enable the promoter to verify their identity and claim their prize.
12. If more than one person claims a prize the promoter may request additional verification and I.D. (e.g. Passport or Driving License) in order to verify the identity of the winner.
13. Prize claimants may need to go to their nearest large city to undertake an identity verification process.
14. Winners will not be eligible to participate in any subsequent weekly prize draws.
15. There will be 9 weekly prize draws in total. The total prize pool is $90,000.
16. All decisions of the promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Winners will receive a cheque or direct credit into their nominated bank account.
18. The prize is not transferable.
19. Please allow 14 days from identity verification for the fulfilment of the prize money.
20. All photographs taken for the purposes of the promotion are the property of the promoter and will be used for the purposes of conducting the promotion and for the purpose of publicity associated with this promotion.
21. Employees of Frucor Beverages Ltd, their families and employees of associated agencies are not eligible to enter the promotion.
22. Frucor Beverages Ltd reserves the right to vary, suspend or amend any aspect of the promotion (including any prize or term) or cancel the promotion at any time in its sole discretion.
23. To the extent permitted by law, the promoter will not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence) for any loss, damage or injury, (including indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with participation in this promotion or the use of the prize.
24. The promoter reserves the right to verify the identity of the winner and to disqualify any entry and/or refuse to award a prize where the promoter considers the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions or acted in a fraudulent manner, in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons.
25. By claiming a prize all winners agree to be available for reasonable publicity purposes without compensation including, but not limited to, photographs, television appearances and publication and use of their personal details for promotional purposes.
26. The promoter is Frucor Beverages Ltd, 86 Plunket Avenue, Wiri, Manukau City 2241, New Zealand.
27. Please contact Frucor Customer Services on 0800 437 826 if you have any questions about this promotion.