The Deepspring Feeling & giveaway
14th February 2008
The Deepspring Feeling &
Deep Spring® is driving an entire reinvention of the picnic using one of the world's most powerful social networking tools the Internet.
The long hot summer of 2008 has inspired Deep Spring to revive the picnic like never before and together with Facebook www.mypicnic.co.nz, has been launched.
Kiwis are visiting the website by the droves where spontaneous, lunchtime picnics can be organised on www.mypicnic.co.nz or through Facebook.
The dedicated Facebook application adds to the interactive fun of picnics by allowing you to throw frisbees to friends, discuss where your picnic is happening, talk who's bringing what and enables you to open your picnic up to anybody in the area with an open invitation.
To add incentive to New Zealand's new crew of picnic-loving fans, the first 1000 picnics on Facebook or the Mypicnic website will receive a free Deep Spring six-pack.
Hot users of the site so far have been frustrated urbanites, dying to get out of the office during their lunch hour and make the most of the summer.
"We're thrilled by the success of Mypicnic so far," says CCA Corporate Affairs Manager Aimee Driscoll.
"Deep Spring is driving an entire reinvention of the picnic with one of the fastest growing social networks in the world. Facebook in New Zealand alone is currently sitting at around 303,000 users with 45 million global users.
"Tomorrow it will be different again, as membership is literally climbing by the hour. It's the way we are doing things now. It's the way we are organising our lives and Deep Spring Mypicnic is at the heart of this trend."
- ends -
Deep Spring is a revitalising refreshing drink made up of sparkling New Zealand mineral water and 5% fruit juice.
* Available in two refreshing summer flavours, Lemon, Lime and Orange and Orange and Mango, Deep Spring is the ultimate picnic drink.
* The drink has new packaging, but with the same rejuvenating flavour.
* Facebook in New Zealand alone has 303,000 with 45 million global users. It's the way we are doing things now. It's the way we are organising our lives and Deep Spring Mypicnic sits at the heart of this trend."
* The Mypicnic website is all about getting your friends together and taking some time out of your hectic schedule. The site enables you to create an online picnic that you can turn into reality.
* The website has an email invite mechanism, but you can also click through to Facebook, add it as an application and invite your friends.