www.itbrief.co.nz: A new website is born
A new website is born.
* In November of 2007 Action Media took over the publications of Freeman Media. This included a successful IT executive focused website called www.m-net.net.nz.
* Following on from this the company acquired a magazine called IT Brief in February 2008, from the Auckland based ICT consultant Mike McLaughlan.
* The decision was quickly made to merge the two and adopt the IT Brief name in both print and online.
* Today the new IT Brief website has gone live, and early next month the first re-launched issue of IT Brief will be printed.
* Both the website and the magazine are targeted at business and IT executives within corporate, government and enterprise businesses throughout New Zealand.
* Ken Lewis, editor of m-net, will remain at the helm of the new website and magazine.
* Designed from the ground up, the site will provide a fresh and constantly updated resource. It includes content from the magazine, plus a daily batch of news and interviews.
* "With this acquisition, both readers and advertisers will have a very clear alternative to Computerworld and CIO. With no reprints of articles from American or other international publications, this is content written by New Zealanders for New Zealanders,” says Sean Mitchell, Owner & Publisher of Action Media.
* “This exciting project is the first of our redesigned websites; we are now actively working on redesigning websites for The Line, The Channel, Game Console and Telecommunications Review, plus another five websites that, as yet, are unannounced,” says Michelle Hughes, New Media Business Manager of Action Media.
Visit the site now (www.itbrief.co.nz) or call me for more information.