ACP Current Affairs Titles Impressive Growth
Media Release, May 30,
ACP MAGAZINES CURRENT AFFAIRS TITLES SHOW IMPRESSIVE GROWTH
North & South now the most read Current Affairs & Business magazine
With its three Current Affairs & Business titles, ACP Magazines dominates the category and reaches 490,000 readers each month according to the latest Nielsen Readership Survey results* released today.
• North & South’s readership grew an impressive 5.7% compared to the same period last year.
• With 299,000 readers North & South has reclaimed its No 1 position as the most read Current Affairs and Business magazine in New Zealand.
• Metro (140,000) maintained its popularity and reported strong growth compared to the last period at 10.2%.
• Metro continues to be the most effective magazine for reaching Aucklanders.
• With its affluent readership, Metro continues to be the most effective monthly magazine for reaching Auckland decisionmakers and higher socio audiences.
(Air New Zealand Inflight
• KiaOra (155,000), the Air New Zealand inflight magazine, strengthens ACP Magazines reach with top socio New Zealanders.
• Reaching an affluent readership, its unique position means that it delivers a highly engaged and attentive audience time and time again.
“We are particularly delighted with North & South’s performance on the back of a reinvigorated editorial offering,” said Debra Millar, ACP Magazines’ Group Publisher. “Though mature, it is a magazine that continues to grow its audience share and appeal with New Zealanders."
Sources: Nielsen National
Readership Survey April 2007–March 2008 Period on Period
comparisons are made with the previous Nielsen National
Readership Survey release for Jan- Dec 2007. Year on Year
comparisons are made with the Nielsen National Readership
Survey April 2006-March