ACP Magazines Leads Weekly Women’s Market
Media Release, May 30, 2008
ACP MAGAZINES LEADS WEEKLY WOMEN’S MARKET
ACP Magazines has been confirmed as the home of weekly women’s magazines in the latest Nielsen Readership Survey results* released today.
ACP is the market leader in the weekly women’s category, with its mass and celebrity weekly magazines Woman’s Day and NW read by 657,000 women each week.
• Woman’s Day is the No. 1 title for reaching New Zealand women: it reaches 1 in 3 New Zealand women (33.8%), or 627,000 women every week!
• Woman’s Day is now just 37,000 readers behind the NZ Woman’s Weekly, and has closed the gap compared to the same period last year.
• Although the weekly women’s category had a tough year, Woman’s Day stabilized its performance with only a slight decline of -1.3% period on period.
• Woman’s Day reaches an impressive 845,000 readers each issue.
• NW, the only celebrity magazine measured in the Nielsen Readership Survey, has a readership of 141,000 readers each issue.
• NW continues to have a strong appeal in the 18-29 female audience.
“ACP Magazines has a proud tradition of leading the weekly women’s market,” said ACP Magazines’ Group Publisher Debra Millar. “Our market dominance reflects the continued investment in our weekly magazine brands."
Sources: Nielsen National Readership Survey April 2007–March 2008 Period on Period comparisons are made with the previous Nielsen National Readership Survey release for Jan-Dec 2007. Year on Year comparisons are made with the Nielsen National Readership Survey April 2006-March 2007.