ACP Magazines Women’s Titles Dominate Market
Media Release, May 30, 2008
ACP MAGAZINES WOMEN’S TITLES DOMINATE MARKET
ACP Magazines’ women’s titles continue to assert their dominance of the New Zealand magazine market.
Together The Australian Women’s Weekly and Next dominate the mass women’s monthlies category in the latest Nielsen Readership Survey*, reaching 38% of women aged 30-59 each month.
The Australian Women's
• The Australian Women’s Weekly reaches more women than any other New Zealand monthly newsstand magazine (469,000).
• 1 in 4 New Zealand women will pick up a typical issue of The Australian Women’s Weekly.
• The Australian Women’s Weekly (622,000) is the second most read monthly newsstand magazine in New Zealand.
• Next has shown a great result this readership period with the highest readership increase of all the mass women’s monthly magazines.
• At 372,000 readers per issue Next now has 2.2% more readers than the same period last year, and 3.6% more readers than reported in the previous period (December 2007).
• Next has closed the gap on NZ House and Garden, and the difference between these two titles is now at its smallest since the period ending December 2005.
• Fashion Quarterly continues its dominance of the fashion category with 192,000 fashion followers reading an average issue.
Sources: Nielsen National Readership Survey
April 2007–March 2008 Period on Period comparisons are
made with the previous Nielsen National Readership Survey
release for Jan-Dec 2007. Year on Year comparisons are made
with the Nielsen National Readership Survey April 2006-March