Datasouth Dominates Nominations For Award
Datasouth press release
Datasouth Dominates Nominations For Microsoft Partner AWARD
Wednesday, 30 July 2008. - IT company Datasouth has received the most nominations in the upcoming 2008 New Zealand Microsoft Partner Awards, due to be announced on the 14th August, being shortlisted in five categories.
The awards are designed to honour Microsoft Gold, Certified and Small Business Specialist Partners who have demonstrated an impressive level of innovation in using Microsoft technologies to deliver excellence to their clients.
"This is the first time Datasouth has submitted nominations for the New Zealand Microsoft Partner Awards, and to be a finalist in every category we entered is a great result," says Craig Gerken, Datasouth General Manager.
"For Datasouth participating in the awards is extremely important. Our people have been doing some exceptional work, and the Microsoft Partner Awards was an opportunity for us to showcase this and validate it against our industry peers.
"Datasouth has a very close working relationship with Microsoft New Zealand, and through this relationship we have been able to forge exceptionally strong relationships with our clients, using Microsoft Technologies to provide real solutions to our clients' business issues."
Datasouth has been named a finalist in the following categories:
* Application Platform Solution of the Year - Christchurch ReadyMix Concrete. Leveraging a client's technology investments to build a flexible, scalable and adaptable solution, this award demonstrates how aligning IT with business goals can empower people to drive a business forward, and how this derived value can be measured and quantified by the client.
* Business Productivity Solution of the Year - Mountainview High School, Timaru This solution helped the client by improving the impact of their people by making it easier to work together, to manage content and find the information needed to improve insight and drive business success.
* Citizenship Solution of the Year - Mountainview High School, Timaru This award is for a project or initiative that delivers exceptional value to the community and helps improve the quality of life of all New Zealanders.
* Core Infrastructure Solution of the Year - Advanced Feed, Methven Server technologies are the heart of any robust and responsive IT environment. In line with the Microsoft Core Infrastructure Optimisation model this award recognises a solution that has delivered results beyond the client's expectations and helped move the platform forward to deliver business wide transformation.
* Small Business Specialist of the Year - Advanced Feed, Methven This Small Business Specialist exemplifies the commitment and skill required to deliver great solutions to small business clients, and this solution highlights the innovative use of multiple Microsoft technologies to solve the client's unique business challenge.
Further information on awards is available at http://www.microsoft.com/nz/events/partnerawards08/awards.mspx
Datasouth is an information technology partner to businesses throughout New Zealand and Australia, servicing outstanding companies like PGG Wrightson, NZ Merino and Tourism Australia. Datasouth understands Business Intelligence, Software Development, Network Infrastructure and total System Design and Support.
Datasouth is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner with achieved competencies in Advanced Infrastructure Solutions, Information Worker Solutions, Licensing Solutions, Mobility Solutions, Networking Infrastructure Solutions, Security Solutions, and Unified Communications Solutions.
Established in 1993, Datasouth is based in Christchurch and maintains offices in Wellington, Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne.