Kiwi business innovating and winning
Media statement Thursday, 31st July, 2008
Kiwi business innovating and
Air NZ Cargo Auckland Export Awards finalists listed
Maternity wear and excavator attachments are among the wide-ranging products of companies vying for this year’s Auckland export awards selected from a record number of entries.
Finalists in the Air New Zealand Cargo Auckland Export Awards 2008 have been announced by awards organizer, Export New Zealand Auckland regional president, Lyall Pacey.
The finalists in the four categories are:
DB Breweries Auckland Emerging Exporter of the Year
• Euro Corporation Ltd - wire fencing design and manufacture, East Tamaki
• Egg Partnership - design and export of high-end maternity wear, Auckland City central
• CPS (NZ) Ltd - supplier of pressure gauges and pressure calibration equipment, Onehunga
• GMP Pharmaceuticals Ltd - one-stop shop for nutraceutical requirements including restricted animal products, halal certified products and organic foods, East Tamaki
QBE Insurance Consultants and Services Export Award
• Viisibility Systems Ltd - assists exporters by improving the customer service experience, eg, provides up-to-date information on customer transactions, Penrose
• Beca Group Ltd – multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, Auckland City central
• Marinescape Projects Ltd – designs and builds large aquariums, Grey Lynn
• The Sweet Shop – media production company, Eden Terrace
Ports of Auckland Deal of the Year
• Marinescape Projects Ltd – aquarium design and build, as above
• Flotech Ltd - design, manufacture, installs and services customised plant, eg, heat transfer equipment, Mangere
• BCS Group Ltd - materials handling and plant automation, eg, baggage and materials handling in airports, Albany
Mondiale Freight Services Auckland Exporter of the Year
• Orion Health Ltd –software developer of patient information and other health related solutions, Mt Eden
• FrameCAD Solutions Ltd - end to end integration of design, detailing and manufacture of steel framing for the rapid construction of commercial and residential buildings, Parnell
• Endace Measurement Systems Ltd - IT solutions that capture, inspect and report on every aspect of customers’ networks, eg, monitors the performance of financial transactions and voice IP and inspects Internet traffic, Manukau City central
• A-Ward Attachments Ltd - designs and manufactures equipment for the demolition, recycling and construction industries, eg, specialised excavator attachments and loaders, Penrose
Mr Pacey says, “The finalists come from such a wide range of industries, and provide such quality goods and services that you can’t help but be reminded how innovative Kiwi companies are.
“Despite the global economic downturn, these often niche New Zealand companies are cutting it with the best around the world They have found what works in a small country like ours, despite skills shortages and small markets here, and they are not only surviving but thriving.
“Business confidence might be low on the domestic market, but you have to take heart at the excellence exhibited by all the entrants to this year’s Export Awards across manufacturing, IT, engineering and other services.
“It’s certain we have a great future in ideas and communication evidenced in this range of products and services. They are a showcase of some of New Zealand’s best businesses.”
Winners will be announced at a gala dinner on August 8 at the Hyatt Regency Auckland.