Chivas Regal’s Master Unveils Chivas Regal 25 YO
MEDIA RELEASE 11th August 2008
Chivas Regal’s Master Unveils Chivas Regal 25 Year Old
The Master Blender of Chivas Regal, Colin Scott, is set to visit New Zealand this week to spend time with New Zealand Whisky lovers discussing our countries favourite premium whisky, Chivas Regal. Colin will also be unveiling the ultra premium addition to the world famous Chivas Regal family – Chivas Regal 25 Year Old.
''Just as Chivas Regal was the very first luxury Scotch, Chivas Regal 25 Year Old sets the standard for all others. Our ability to release such an incomparable blend is thanks to our tradition of owning a priceless stock of exceptional aged whiskies”, says Colin Scott, Master Blender.
Chivas Regal 25 Year Old will be unveiled at an exclusive luxury event attended by 100 VIP guests in Auckland on the evening of 14th August. Chivas Regal Master Blender Colin Scott will lead the guests through New Zealand’s first tasting of this sumptuous Scotch, described by Scott himself as his "life's greatest achievement".
The blend harks back to the first ever export Chivas Regal blend, first shipped from Aberdeen to New York in 1909, which was also a 25 Year Old Scotch.
As Chivas Regal Master Blender Charles Howard said in 1894, “The name of Chivas shall be equivalent to the hallmark of excellence”, and today, more than a century on, there is definitely a global demand for luxury Scotch whisky. Chivas Regal is New Zealand's number one premium whisky* led by the Chivas Regal 12 Year Old and Chivas Regal 18 Year Old.
The new Chivas Regal 25 Year Old blend created by Master Blender Colin Scott, will be priced at NZ $375.00 and the individually numbered bottles are produced in limited quantities only. Chivas Regal 25 Year Old will only be available from Dutyfree stores in New Zealand. The domestic New Zealand market will continue to offer the Chivas Regal 12 and 18 Year Old luxury blends.
Available in more than 200 countries the range currently sells more than 50 million bottles every year – its highest ever volume sales.
* Source - ACNielson/Aztec Scan sales: MAT to Jan 08
Note to editors:
Profile: Colin Scott, Master
Blender – Chivas Brothers
• With over thirty five years in the business, Colin is following a family tradition. There are close to 100 years of whisky making in the Scott family; Colin’s grandfather and father also dedicated their lives to the industry.
• Colin knows the characteristics of each and every whisky in the Chivas Brothers’ extensive, aged inventory. Every week he noses the new spirit destined for Chivas Regal in the future, to ensure its quality and character. He also constantly monitors the ageing whiskies so that they can be matured to perfection and selected for blending at exactly the right time.
• Colin is responsible for the high quality and famously consistent flavour and character of Chivas Regal 12 Year Old. He also created Chivas Regal 18 Year Old Gold Signature.
• In recognition of Colin’s contribution to the Scotch whisky industry, in 1998 he was appointed Keeper of the Quaich, Scotland’s most prestigious whisky society.