Roshumba Williams heads to Fashion Week!
International model Roshumba Williams heads to Air New Zealand Fashion Week!
Author of - The Complete Idiot's Guide To Being A Model
Accomplished model, broadcaster, journalist, author and US celebrity - Roshumba Williams will arrive in New Zealand this week for Air New Zealand Fashion Week 2008.
Williams first had the idea to journey to New Zealand after receiving a recommendation from Rachel Hunter to visit New Zealand.
“I worked some time ago with Rachel Hunter on Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and she raved to me about the unique beauty of her country. I've known for over a decade that I had to visit. Then recently at New York Fashion Week I got a sneak preview of the amazingly talented New Zealand designer Karen Walker, and I knew I had to make the journey to Air New Zealand Fashion Week,” says Williams.
Williams is well known for her illustrious US modelling career, during which she graced the covers of Vogue, Elle, Harpers Bazzar, Essence, Cospmopolitan and Sports Illustrated. In 1999 Williams wrote The Complete Idiots Guide To Being A Model which became a best-seller in its category. The book was such a success that in 2007, Alpha Books,(a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.) decided to publish a “Second Edition” copy. The book offers poignant advice to young women about breaking into the modelling and fashion world, and covers everything from modelling agency directories, to photo shoot advice, to a catwalk terms glossary.
Anyone interested in meeting Williams can visit Air New Zealand Fashion WEEKEND on Saturday 20th September where she will be signing books at the Catwalk Studios stand in the Rumpus Room. Williams will also be giving a seminar later that day at 5pm in the Moet and Chandon Lounge, which is at free to enter for anyone already visiting Fashion WEEKEND.
For Air New Zealand Fashion WEEKEND Tickets please contact Ticketek, Ph 0800-824 538, Early bird GA ticket price $25 or on the door $30
Roshumba’s Resume includes…
- Presenter on Entertainment Tonight, Oprah, NBC's EXTRA and The Tennis Channel.
- Reporter on Eva Longoria's wedding on location and took VIP tours of the Eiffel Tower, Moulin Rouge and the grounds of Roland Garros.
- Presenter on E! Entertainment on Serving For Tsunami Relief Fund where she interviewed the 41st President of the United States George H. W. Bush.
- Hosted Progressive Fashion on Ice, 2007 on NBC Sports.
- VH1 (MTV partner channel) Top 20 Countdown, Back to Back and Al1 Access, Vogue Fashion Awards and Save The Music.
- Host of several make-over shows: FOX's Live Like A Star, WE's Swimsuit Secrets Revealed and Travel Channel's Beach Week.
- Host, judge and mentor to NBC's primetime reality show, The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Search.
- Charities of support include - The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation, The United Negro College Fund, The Revlon Breast Cancer Awareness initiatives and others.