OceanMarkets Makes a Huge Splash at Competition
OceanMarkets Makes a Huge Splash at the NBR Audacious
17 September 2008
Amongst huge applause Deloshan Nawarajan’s business OceanMarkets Ltd won the NBR Audacious Competition at the Dunedin Town Hall last night.
Nawarajan believes OceanMarkets Ltd has the potential to grow into a half a billion dollar enterprise with a global reach in only 5 years.
“Our product is a personalised search engine for stocks for any investment portfolio. Its accuracy is far more advanced than anything on the market and has been scientifically proven. Our back end technology has IP and won several innovation awards”.
Nawarajan has built a basic prototype and has a fully skilled team to undertake this audacious venture.
“Our vision is to be the “Google” for finding stocks for any investment portfolio”.
Audacious Head Judge, Gary Taiaroa said that the Audacious 2008 entries were of a high standard.
“We were delighted to see the growing confidence of the budding entrepreneurs during the competition and the maturity of the ideas".
The ten finalists presented an array of business idea ranging from e-learning tools and property guides to in-flight services and social networking.
The results for the NBR Audacious
Competition for 2008 are as follows:
• The James and Wells Award for the Best Use of Innovation - Michael Dowse, Consumeron Ltd
• The Straylight Award for the Best Use of Interactive Media - Wendy Wang, GettingAround.com
• The Otago Financial Management Award for the Best Use of Design - Andrew Crone, David Booth and Toby Holborow, Emberley Snow and Ski
• The Dunedin Print Award for the Most Socially Responsible Business - Smith Geursen, Liaison
• The Enabling Award for the Best Use of Technology - Deloshan Nawarajan, OceanMarkets Ltd
• The Award for Entrepreneurship - Scott Cardwell, Bright Eye International
• The Award for the Best Small Business Plan - Shannon Deeks, Exer-Fly
• Runner up of the NBR Audacious Business Competition for 2008 - Jaroslav Novak, Virtuoso Online
• Winner of the NBR Audacious Business Competition for 2008 - Deloshan Nawarajan, OceanMarkets Ltd
NBR Audacious is supported by the Dunedin City Council, the University of Otago School of Business, and Otago Polytechnic. Platinum and Gold Sponsors are the National Business Review, Polson Higgs, and Anderson Lloyd.