New Xbox 360 Game “Lips” Gets the Party Singing
New Xbox 360 Game “Lips” Gets the Party Singing This Holiday Season
New singing game offers 40 songs spanning genres and decades from artists including Beyoncé, Lupe Fiasco, Nirvana and Rascal Flatts, and two wireless microphones, for $99.95.*
AUCKLAND, OCTOBER 23, 2008 — Calling all shower singers, rush-hour traffic vocalists, wanna-be rappers, pop princesses and those with a country twang: “Lips,” the highly anticipated singing experience exclusively for Xbox 360 from iNiS Corp., will be available in late November 2008.
Picture throwing a “Lips” party for your closest friends where everyone sings and grooves to a vast array of music backed by the original music video, lyrics and scoring. Not only can everyone sing along, but “Lips” is the only music video game that comes with two wireless motion-sensitive microphones, allowing the freedom to put on the ultimate performance. Your parties will never be the same!
All 40 songs on disc are ready to play right out of the box, and “Lips” delivers great tracks from a wide range of musical genres that will set the stage for evenings of fun and entertainment with friends and family.
Ace of Base
Rome Wasn't Built In A Day
Ben E. King
Stand By Me
Peter Bjorn And John
Another One Bites The Dust
Fake Plastic Trees
I Wanna Be Sedated
Listen To Your Heart
You're The Voice
Soak Up The Sun
Ring Of Fire
Walk Like An Egyptian
Love At First Sight
The Jackson 5
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
Makes Me Wonder
Island In The Sun
Men At Work
Be Good Johnny
Bust A Move
Regardless of whether you consider yourself a singer or typically shy away from the microphone, there’s something for everyone in “Lips,” including the following:
· Party Games. “Lips” has a variety of gameplay modes that will appeal to the gamer in all of us and possibly spark a little competition, while allowing you to experience and interact with your music in fun, new ways:
o Kiss is the epitome of singing and flirting your way to a sweet reward, where duos who hit the notes and gestures together meet in the middle to share a kiss. Are you a match?
o Vocal Fighters appeals to the competitor in all of us by pitting singers in one-on-one competition to win the most fans and boot one another off the stage. It’s a sing-off!
o Time Bomb is a cooperative mode where players work together to perform well and stave off a time bomb. The clock is ticking!
· Music videos. “Lips” has a variety of engaging music videos that enhance the game outside the original videos included with most songs:
o Virtual Music Videos. The more you get into your performance, the better the video. An in-game virtual music video will enhance your performance because the screen will mirror your moves and the characters will lip-sync along with you.
o Custom Music Videos. These unique, quirky videos add a humorous element to your routine and provide a music video for songs that may not have one.
· Freestyle Mode. “Lips” also enables you to use digital rights management-free songs from your own music collection when singing or playing any of the Party Games. Sing along to your music collection and play up your gestures to add to your score, while a virtual music video accompanies your performance. It is as simple as plugging in your compatible MP3 player. Lyrics will not display for songs from your music collection. For a list of compatible music players, visit http://www.xbox.com/lips.
· Play along. In addition to using the two microphones as instruments, four of your friends can join in using the standard Xbox 360 Controller and choose from a variety of percussion accompaniment to play along with the music in “Lips.”
· Download new songs. For those who like what they see and crave more, “Lips” will also have a regular flow of downloadable content available for purchase via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, starting at game launch. Love Estelle’s “No Substitute Love”? It is there. You can get it and the latest tracks to continually update your “Lips” experience.
· Split parts. Co-op Mode in “Lips” is designed to more accurately reflect songs that feature multiple vocalists. This gameplay mode enhances the experience by showing the lyrics and melody to all parts, helping turn a singing duo into a professional act.